Please explain weight loss in simple terms .

Options
Meggie43
Meggie43 Posts: 25 Member
I know this may seem like a dumb question . Can someone explain weight loss to me in simple terms. As of right now I’m eating about 1300 to 1400 calories a day. My exercise is none at the moment. I do have a physical demanding job. My height 5 5 and I’m 153 lbs. I’m down 6.2 lbs since January. I’m 50 years old. Thank you everyone. I would like to weigh 140. Can someone please explain calories in calories out in simple terms. Thank you again

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    You're currently losing weight - from eating less calories than you burn. What would you like to know?
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Put your stats into MFP. Set your rate of loss for 0.5 lb/week. Eat the number of calories MFP tells you, using a food scale to weigh your food. MFP already calculates a deficit for you, so it will ensure you are eating fewer calories than you burn.
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,814 Member
    Options
    Your body requires energy (calories) for everything you do. Eat, sleep, work, exercise. It gets that primarily from the food you eat. Fat, carbs, protein all provide a certain amount of energy (calories). If your body needs more calories than you provide it from food, it will burn fat from your body in order to provide it energy. This is how you lose weight. By eating less calories than your body burns, so that your body uses your fat for energy instead, which over time will cause weight loss.
  • StormToday
    StormToday Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    CICO