Journey Towards Losing 100 LBS

Is anyone working towards a goal of losing 100 lbs or have you lost a significant amount of weight? I'm interested in any tips you have to share. Thank you!

Replies

• Samantharavenclaw84
    Samantharavenclaw84 Posts: 161 Member
    Hi there! I currently have 102 pounds to lose. SW 250 CW 232 and my GW is 130. I've been tracking my food and trying to hit my steps daily and exercise at least 3-6 days per week.
  • mmendel428
    mmendel428 Posts: 4 Member
    Way to go! Sounds like you're doing well and your plan is working for you.
  • BrandeVigil
    BrandeVigil Posts: 2 Member
    Hello,
    I have over 100 lbs to lose, but I have injuries making it very difficult. I’m working on changing my diet first. Just looking for a support system to keep me motivated.
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,518 Member
    I’ve lost 100lbs and have been maintaining for years. Calculate at modest calorie deficit, start a food diary and try to hit your number. There’s a significant calorie counting learning curve. Try not to get upset or too discouraged when you struggle.

Keep your diary no matter what, the good, the bad, and the ugly. Over your number? Log it. Wildly over? Log that too. Face the problems you encounter one at a time and try to find solutions. Weight loss is mostly a matter of problem solving.

Always evaluate your progress along two lines. Are you losing weight? Can you live with it long term? Don’t concern yourself with how long it will take you to get to goal. You’re in this for the rest of your life.

When you get to a place where you progress stalls, make changes until you start losing again. I found I had to reinvent my program about 3 times to lose 100 lbs. Never quit. Losing a lot takes persistence. You can do this. Calorie counting works.
  • mmendel428
    mmendel428 Posts: 4 Member
    This is so helpful! Thank you for sharing!
  • Sarah7518
    Sarah7518 Posts: 26 Member
    I’ve got 100 pounds to lose. CW is 265, GW is 175. I’m walking 2.5 miles 5 days a week. I feel better just not eating all the junk, drinking water and moving. Good luck with your journey!!!