Help Me! I'm a Beer Monster!!!

Options
Br00zR
Br00zR Posts: 40 Member
Hey I'm new here and want to lose my fat gut. It's gross. I think I'm starting to develop man-boobs too.

My main vice is beer. It's definitely where most of my weight has come from (well, the beer AND the takeaways that result from being drunk).

Any suggestions of good substitutes?

Cheers! (pun fully intended)

Replies

• superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    Switch to Vodka.
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    BEEEERRRRR MONSSSTERRRR!!! RAAAHHHH!
  • Br00zR
    Options
    The only thing about having vodka and other spirits is that the glasses are always so tiny so it's gone before you know it.
  • Pedzter
    Pedzter Posts: 6
    Options
    I recommend a much more wholesome way of life. Cut out the beer completely, but if that's too much too soon just cut it right down. Focus your attention on other aspects when you're out socially other than drinking. It's sometimes more fun to sit back and watch others get off their faces than them watching you ;)
  • horndave
    horndave Posts: 565
    Options
    There is no such thing as a good alternative. Except cutting down on the beer.
  • Br00zR
    Options

Hahaha.

Loving your Zombie pic.

WHEN THERE'S NO MORE ROOM IN HELL...
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    I don't get beer urges, but I have found that guzzling a 20oz bottle of Diet Coke quenches most cravings.
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I recommend a much more wholesome way of life. Cut out the beer completely, but if that's too much too soon just cut it right down. Focus your attention on other aspects when you're out socially other than drinking. It's sometimes more fun to sit back and watch others get off their faces than them watching you ;)

No it's not Pete. That's just a damn lie!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    Nope, just cut down on the booze and/or find a lower calorie drink you like......

I only drink once a week now. It's a chore, but someone's got to do it! :wink:
  • Br00zR
    Options
    There is no such thing as a good alternative. Except cutting down on the beer.

This makes me sad face.
  • Pedzter
    Pedzter Posts: 6
    Options

No it's not Pete. That's just a damn lie!

Take it from someone who knows, it's NOT a lie! :P
  • DJParrish01
    DJParrish01 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    http://www.11points.com/food-drink/11_best_beers_to_get_you_drunk_but_not_make_you_fat. If the article doesn't help you, the picture of the dude with the beer on his gut should be a good deterrent!!! Good luck!!
  • lovenhope00
    Options
    and if you drink light or low cal beer - it'll take a whole twelve pack to even start a buzz... I make sure to drink with people who won't gorge eat afterwards - then I only get the calories from the beer not the **** food after :)
  • fishgirlnola
    fishgirlnola Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    A substitue for beer? You mean what can you drink and not get fat? I myself am an avid beer drinker. I am also fat. Dude, there is no way around it. I quit drinking beer and I immediately lost 8 pounds. On a rare occasion I will have some wine or vodka with low fat tonic water. But beer is just a bunch (I mean a bunch) of empty calories. It's tragic, I am sorry for your loss. Your going to have to get on the wagon if your serious about weight loss and drink occasionally, smartly.

(When I do have beer it's Guiness since that is good for you I hear)
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I don't get beer urges, but I have found that guzzling a 20oz bottle of Diet Coke quenches most cravings.

There are two problems with that:

Firstly, I will remain sober. This is not a lot of fun in a pub or club.

Secondly, all that caffeine will give me palps. :(
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

Nooooooooooooo Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! :noway: I would rather stay in than just watch......you gotta join in!! :drinker:
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options

Hahaha.

Loving your Zombie pic.

WHEN THERE'S NO MORE ROOM IN HELL...

THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH!!

thaaanks!
  • coloradocami
    coloradocami Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Sometimes you have to decide what you want more in life…good luck!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Moderation is going to be your key. I too love beer but if I know I'm going to have a couple then I account for it in my calorie intake and I'm trying to do just a little extra exercise that day. Just my thought.
  • rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A lot of my weight came from the fact I drank to much beer.

I cut WAY back on my drinking and I am much happier for it.

I have found that fun outdoor activities are a much more fulfilling. Hiking, biking, snowboarding, and such are what I do for entertainment, social activities, stress relief....

I also like Hot tea to relax with.

When I do drink now I just have a couple good beers and quit. (none of the mgd 64 BS)