losing 25lbs in 3 months?

So, stupid me 3 months ago thought i was really going to cut the crap and get down to finally losing weight, so i entered a challenge where i bet money on myself to lose weight and if i succeed, the money is doubled at the end as a prize. the challenge gives me 6 months to lose 25lbs and ive just started now trying to lose the weight with 3 months left. Is it possible to lose the weight in 3 months? Any suggestions on how to do it? Suggestions on best types of fat burning exercises? Ive been doing a small breakfast in the morning some sort of eggs and fruit, then a meal replacement shake at lunch after the gym, then some sort of meat and veggies for dinner and then fresh fruit as a snack at night usually. Hopefully that will help me lose the weight. Before this i was only eating fast food and drinking soda, so im on the right path, just dont know if that time frame is possible. I'm 5 foot 11, currently 225lbs trying to get to 200 by mid June. Any advice helps!

Replies

• AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2019
    You could with a rate of 2lbs a week + some water weight loss. If you want to lose 2lbs a week you have to eat 1,000 less calories per day than you burn (you can set your MFP goals to 2lbs a week I think your TDEE might be high enough, will probably be a goal of 1200 calories per day), and just count calories using MFP.

You can throw in additional exercise, like cardio/etc. whatever you prefer but it’ll mostly come down to your diet and how many calories you’re eating per day.
  • JusDiana
    JusDiana Posts: 31 Member
    I was 165 beginning of December and have been bouncing around the 140 mark since beginning of March so 25 lbs in 3 months is totally doable.
    Sounds like you are doing all the right things - good luck with the challenge. :smile:
  • snowstormy8
    snowstormy8 Posts: 26 Member
    If you're really on top of it, counting calories and staying active with your start weight I do think it could be possible. A general rule is that it is healthy to lose 1lb a week for every 100lbs you weigh, so at 200+ 2lbs a week is safe. The best you can do is try though! Even if you just barely miss it at least you lost some weight! Good luck
  • neugebauer52
    neugebauer52 Posts: 1,120 Member
    You can do it and I would love to say someone win for once. Friends of mine have tried to win their money back and have failed. But the CEO of that company drives a massive car to work....I wonder who financed it?
  • MikePTY
    MikePTY Posts: 3,816 Member
    It is possible at your weight, if not a little aggressive. But why not just start your weight loss and see where it takes you? Use MFP to set a calorie goal, and then eat at that plus your exercise calories. At the very least you'll lose some weight, and that will improve your overall health. That's a lot more important than whatever money you'd win from this challenge.
  • Walter__
    Walter__ Posts: 518 Member
    So, stupid me 3 months ago thought i was really going to cut the crap and get down to finally losing weight, so i entered a challenge where i bet money on myself to lose weight and if i succeed, the money is doubled at the end as a prize. the challenge gives me 6 months to lose 25lbs and ive just started now trying to lose the weight with 3 months left. Is it possible to lose the weight in 3 months? Any suggestions on how to do it? Suggestions on best types of fat burning exercises? Ive been doing a small breakfast in the morning some sort of eggs and fruit, then a meal replacement shake at lunch after the gym, then some sort of meat and veggies for dinner and then fresh fruit as a snack at night usually. Hopefully that will help me lose the weight. Before this i was only eating fast food and drinking soda, so im on the right path, just dont know if that time frame is possible. I'm 5 foot 11, currently 225lbs trying to get to 200 by mid June. Any advice helps!

It's very possible. Just stay consistent. Track your calories accurately. I highly recommend a food scale.
    You can do it and I would love to say someone win for once. Friends of mine have tried to win their money back and have failed. But the CEO of that company drives a massive car to work....I wonder who financed it?

I won over $2000 from it in 2017. It's easy. Just be consistent and don't make excuses.
  • teecha
    teecha Posts: 2 Member
    I think it is possible. I have lost 17 lbs in 30 days before just by cutting out gluten, grains, dairy and sugar. I ate meat, veggies, fruit and good healthy fats (I followed the whole30 plan). If you have been eating fast food and soda like I was you should see quick results and be able to reset your system. It is not meant to be long term but I find it helpful to do when I need to see results fast to motivate myself.
  • jesspen91
    jesspen91 Posts: 1,383 Member
    If you're really on top of it, counting calories and staying active with your start weight I do think it could be possible. A general rule is that it is healthy to lose 1lb a week for every 100lbs you weigh, so at 200+ 2lbs a week is safe. The best you can do is try though! Even if you just barely miss it at least you lost some weight! Good luck

I don't agree with this. I weight 135lbs and want to lose 10lbs. 1lb a week would be too aggressive for me. 0.5 or even 0.25 is more healthy and sustainable.