Getting back after 2 and a half years!

Options
Luvrbug
Luvrbug Posts: 2 Member
Hello 3 years ago I was really getting into fitness and I wanted to better my life. I came across this app and I downloaded it. I lost 20 pounds that summer! I was happier and I looked forward to exercising. It made me feel good. That next spring I got pregnant and it was a really rough pregnancy so I couldn't exercise much or couldn't at all. A year after borth I've now hit that number on the scale that I've always dreaded to hit. I want to get back into fitness but I'm not sure how to fit it into my hectic mom life. Any tips for how to do that? Right now when I exercise I'm interupted by my year and 2 month old a lot. Thanks!

Replies

• 6raham
    6raham Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Can you schedule your workouts around your kids schedules, do they nap? Thats an opportunity for a 20 minute HIIT workout. Or do things together, go out for a walk and push a pushchair along.
  • Luvrbug
    Luvrbug Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    6raham wrote: »
    Can you schedule your workouts around your kids schedules, do they nap? Thats an opportunity for a 20 minute HIIT workout. Or do things together, go out for a walk and push a pushchair along.

Unfortunately when my son naps during the day I can't put him down. Or he won't nap. He's pretty clingy.
  • pridesabtch
    pridesabtch Posts: 2,338 Member
    Options
    Do any gyms or fitness centers in your area offer child care while you work out? Our local YMCA does and it was my savior when my girls we young. They had only ever been with me so there was some adjustment and crying at first and the child care workers would come and get me. I just kept going. Eventually the girls adjusted and I was able to utilize the 2 free hours of childcare to get fit and clear my mind. It made me a better mother. Honestly, If you can afford it, a part time sitter could really help you out. Good luck!
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have a 2 (almost 3) year old. I would put her into the jogging stroller and go run a few miles! She had a great time and it was a great workout. I'm pregnant again and I've been doing 10 Minutes Solution DVD's at home. Just go for it, kiddos adjust quickly. You need to take time for yourself so you can have a "full cup" for your baby. Good luck!!
  • alrhodes26
    alrhodes26 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    When mine were young I would take them walk with me when the weather was nice in the mornings. Then I would do a short workout after putting them to bed at night. It didn't always work out, but I did my best.
  • BMcC9
    BMcC9 Posts: 4,398 Member
    Options
    There are SAHM groups here that will have members in similar situations. Great for group support / networking / common-problem brainstorming ....
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    Your baby is young, do you have a good sling or baby carrier? You could have your baby on you and go for a walk. Or in the stroller. But remember you lose weight by a calorie deficit - with or without exercise. Start logging your food, using a food scale.