who competes?

Options
jacksonpt
jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
Who here races/competes? What sports or events? How long have you been doing it? Future goals?

Replies

• rocketpants
    rocketpants Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    pretty new at it.

I did 4 5 k's this year. I am racing in a duathalon (triathlon with double the running instead of swimming) on labor day

Next year I would like to complete a century(100 mi) bike ride, and the boulder boulder 10k
  • springtrio
    springtrio Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Doing my first half next month. Perty nervous.

Marathoning sometime in 2012. Maybe a tri in 2013. Dunno yet.
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I'm training for my third marathon. I've been running since 2005 and I love it. It's great that my goals are just to beat my own times. I don't have to worry about anyone else.

I've also done a few sprint triathlons. Next summer I am going to up the distance to an Olympic triathlon. Then either 2012 or 2013, depending on how it goes, I want to sign up for a half iron man.
  • BillyweisNPC
    Options
    I compete in men's bodybuilding show's.. i competed in my first one this past july in ann arbor, MI....i took 2nd in the Novice Short division and then crossed over into Open Men and took 4th in that.. i got props from the guys in back for my first time around, but there were definitely flaws to my physique, but that's what first time shows are for though. See what's good and what needs to be worked on a little bit more, for me it was my legs and i wish my abs would have been a tad bit more cut up without flexing them.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    I compete in men's bodybuilding show's.. i competed in my first one this past july in ann arbor, MI....i took 2nd in the Novice Short division and then crossed over into Open Men and took 4th in that.. i got props from the guys in back for my first time around, but there were definitely flaws to my physique, but that's what first time shows are for though. See what's good and what needs to be worked on a little bit more, for me it was my legs and i wish my abs would have been a tad bit more cut up without flexing them.

Congrats man you look awesome.
    I want to compete in bodybuilding in 2012. Just a natural novice competition to say I did it!
  • casey_when_u_go
    casey_when_u_go Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I've done a few 5k's, did my 2nd 10k this weekend, also done a half marathon and a sprint triathlon this year. I like to have an event to work towards as it keeps me focussed on training. I'm hoping to manage one more half marathon this year. My future goals are to do mostly the same events next year but quicker :laugh:
  • kobzal
    kobzal Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I've been competing in endurance events sice 2006. I have done sprint triathlons, olympic distance triathlons, numerous 5ks, 10ks, and I am currently training for my 6th half marathon. When I race my only goal is to beat my previous time.
  • skinnimini16
    Options
    I'm in cheerleading, I compete:) I have competition in October!! This year is my first year, my goal is to go to state:)
  • JessicaRaeD
    Options
    I competing in my first figure competition and my goal is to get my pro card and go as fr as I can with it and a few step farther!! I train hard all the time for me dieting down gets me b/c on a bad day I want carbs but I'm doing it and sticking to my goals! I will be on stage for the first time October 8th and can't wait!!
  • chorgi
    chorgi Posts: 221
    Options
    I've been competing off and on in martial arts competitions for 16 years. I'm not an incredibly competitive person, but I've found that competing gives me goals to work towards. I also recently ran my firs 5k. I plan on training for a 10k next (the goal thing again). Eventually I want to work my way up to a marathon. I think adventure racing would be fun, too.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    I ran track in high school & college, obviously I competed there.

You can see the races I've run this year, some of the smaller ones I can do fairly well at. Other times i like to see how I place in my age group.

At times I feel like there's not much point to competing at my age these days, but once I do enter a race, my comptetive nature takes over and I give it my best effort & try to see what I can do.
  • blynnblair
    blynnblair Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I've done the flying pig half marathon twice, a ton of 5ks, this summer I did a sprint duathlon and a mudathlon. I like having a race to look forward to. I need to find one for this fall/winter or just do the polar bear plunge... my goal next year is to beat my previous times from this year. I love the adrenaline rush :)