Help Me! I'm a Beer Monster!!!

Options

Replies

• ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a good alternative. Except cutting down on the beer.

This makes me sad face.

freaking LOVE that you said makes me sad face. haha
  • Sasssy69
    Sasssy69 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I recommend a much more wholesome way of life. Cut out the beer completely, but if that's too much too soon just cut it right down. Focus your attention on other aspects when you're out socially other than drinking. It's sometimes more fun to sit back and watch others get off their faces than them watching you ;)

No it's not Pete. That's just a damn lie!

BAAAAHAHAHAHAHA!!! It IS a damned LIE! I too am a beer fiend. I LOVE LOVE LOVE beer. I used to drink it every day...the good stuff. So I switched to Corona Light or Michelob Ultra. It was alright. And not as many calories. I give myself one beer day - where I drink any and as much beer as I want. The rest of the week, I try to be good. That's not usually possible. So I'll drink the Corona's on the weekend...and just skip meals. I know, not the best, but whatev. I love beer.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I love beer... Insanely so. However, for several reasons, I've recently switched to only drinking Miller 64. Yes... it sucks and is hardly really "beer" but hear me out here...

1. You can still be social, drink, and have fewer calories in each 64.
    2. There is such little actual alcohol in 64 that you won't make horrific take-out choices cause you're much less likely to get drunk in the first place.
    3. You'll feel better in the morning. Perhaps even hydrated since the *kitten* is nearly water.

You asked for an alternative... that's all I got. Or, start drinking water and eliminate the problem all together :)
  • Br00zR
    Br00zR Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    There is no such thing as a good alternative. Except cutting down on the beer.

This makes me sad face.

freaking LOVE that you said makes me sad face. haha

Yeah, I rule pretty hard when it comes to talking gibberish.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    and if you drink light or low cal beer - it'll take a whole twelve pack to even start a buzz... I make sure to drink with people who won't gorge eat afterwards - then I only get the calories from the beer not the **** food after :)

Actually, that's a good point. I no longer grab a takeaway! I prepare something to eat at home before going out. Roast chicken or something, with far less cals than a KFC. That way I'm eating healthy after :bigsmile:
  • Br00zR
    Options
    So on a serious note, if I wanted to go out on a heavy night, would doing LOADS of exercise that day counteract it?

I mean, I'm guessing it's just carbs in beer right?
  • sweetiepie31612
    sweetiepie31612 Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Enter the amount of beer you plan on drinking into your food diary before you drink it then hit the gym....HARD. Stay at the gym until all the beer cals are worked off. Then when you go out drinking, make sure you only drink as much as you entered.
  • newleafbeth11
    Options
    Exercise enough to make up for it? Not saying that's an easy thing to do hungover, but... well, you gotta just make a decision.
  • Br00zR
    Options
    Exercise enough to make up for it? Not saying that's an easy thing to do hungover, but... well, you gotta just make a decision.

No I mean do the exercise beforehand.
  • lovenhope00
    Options
    working out extra will help like calories wise but youll stillhave a gut..beer bloats you out :/ I just have come to the realization that Id rather be a few pounds over where I want to be than give up drinking. Maybe when I am older I will try to be less of an alchie and be skinny :)
  • ArtieKuhn88
    Options
    I say drink the beer, then hit the dance floor and bust out the running man to burn it off. Oh yeah.
  • ambitious01
    ambitious01 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Have your tried a lite beer?
  • Br00zR
    Options
    I say drink the beer, then hit the dance floor and bust out the running man to burn it off. Oh yeah.

"LIKE!!!"

Dang girl! You win at life!
  • Br00zR
    Options
    Have your tried a lite beer?

I generally drink Premium beers as the lite stuff tasted watery.
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    I hate beer. need advice for boston cream donuts....I guess we all have our demons.
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options

I agree^^^ that's what I Do.. Hehe!!!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    Switch to Vodka.
    This is what I did...
  • duqtape
    duqtape Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Last year when I lost my first 20 lbs, I was drinking beer the whole time. And good beer. Clear beer is not beer. Its water. How? I ran. A lot. And I ate oatmeal for breakfast everyday. And snacked on veggies and fruit. And ran some more. I love running. Its best followed up with a cold pint with the boys. I was on a team that met at the bar and we celebrated a 5 miler with a pint.

Now I'm starting a new 20 lbs. I still drink beer. And while I stopped running over the winter, I've started back up again and plan to hit the 13 mile mark by December.

So, I think when I get off work tonight, I'm gonna hit up 4 miles and a pint. Yummy.
  • kblue2007
    kblue2007 Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I'm a HUGE beer fan! No light beers ALLOWED!!!! What I have done is just cut it out during the week and pick one day on the weekend to have what I want....workouts are mandatory and so is little food :laugh: I have problems the next day when beer belly rears its head....just plan ahead and make sure you have healthy yet tasty (makes you feel like your cheating) food in the house.
    Don't get me wrong I like to drink PERIOD and have gone primarily to wine during the week. MUCH lower in cals. Fridays I'll have a few cocktails BUT beer only once per week!!!
    If you want to see results you need to make some sacrifices. I know its hard, but it is possible to lose weight and get in shape without giving up everything you love.
    Good luck!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    Last year when I lost my first 20 lbs, I was drinking beer the whole time. And good beer. Clear beer is not beer. Its water. How? I ran. A lot. And I ate oatmeal for breakfast everyday. And snacked on veggies and fruit. And ran some more. I love running. Its best followed up with a cold pint with the boys. I was on a team that met at the bar and we celebrated a 5 miler with a pint.

Now I'm starting a new 20 lbs. I still drink beer. And while I stopped running over the winter, I've started back up again and plan to hit the 13 mile mark by December.

So, I think when I get off work tonight, I'm gonna hit up 4 miles and a pint. Yummy.

Curious - were you always a runner?