Low carbing and no sugar

Options
I’ve faithfully logged into MFP for over 1500+ days solid, I had plateaud for over a year, I work out cardio and weights 3-4 days a week. Finally seeing my scale go down cutting my carbs significantly and no sugar. Trying to lose 8 pds, mostly belly fat. I’m amazed how much better I feel and my belly feels so much less bloated and not so hungry. 2 weeks now, lost 3 pounds.

Replies

• kennedyflynn
    kennedyflynn Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Am on keto low carb since december have lost 15 lbs. Feeling better.
  • bridgetmacalister
    bridgetmacalister Posts: 10 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I've been using MFP for over 18 months and found that my weight fluctuated depending on my mood and social life.

For medical reasons both my husband & I have been following a low fat, low sugar meal plan since mid Jan 2019. As a result we're eating a lot more fruit and vegetables along with lean meats and don't have snack items like biscuits in the house.

Both of us have lost a steady amount of weight and I think that it's sustainable long term as I'm not feeling hungry as much in between meals and more importantly I'm not on my own as for the first time ever hubby is eating sensibly with me. I have also increased the amount of water I'm drinking. There are a few pitfalls in that I sometimes treat myself at work because I tell myself I deserve it & I won't be able to have it at home.

If you have found a lifestyle (not a temporary diet) that is making you fell good at the same time as getting healthier keep at it. Just make sure that you regularly review the amount you are eating to ensure that you do not over do things.
  • ingridchicks
    ingridchicks Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Check out Muscle For Life - I love their blog posts (and no, I am in no way affiliated)!! They "myth bust" almost everything we've learned about eating and training. You might find this article interesting:
    https://www.muscleforlife.com/carbohydrates-and-weight-loss-should-you-go-low-carb/