Not losing inches or numbers on the scale

Options
Hi there,

I have been struggling with seeing results, in inches and on the scale.

I have been exercising 4-5 times a week since January 2018, it is currently March 2019 and I have only lost 8 lbs. I lost about 3-4 inches from my mid-section in the first 10 months, but I have not lost any inches since October, almost 5 months!
I do cardio and weight-lifing through the week, but just started doing HIIT about a month ago three times a week. I am eating about 1600-1700 calories a day. I eating pretty healthy, with a splurge day here and there to keep sane.
I eat about 80-100 grams of protein, about 150 grams of carbs, and 50-60 grams of fat.

I would love some advice!

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 8 pounds since January? I wouldn't say that is nothing.

How much are you expecting to lose per week based on your deficit? Are you logging your "splurge days"?
  • kellykiana
    kellykiana Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I have lost 8 pounds over a year and three months. I started in Jan 2018

I am logging splurge days, which come to 2000-2200 for the day.
    On the app I plugged in 1.5 lbs to lose each week, which gave me 1710 calories per day.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    So you've lost 8 pounds since January? I wouldn't say that is nothing.

How much are you expecting to lose per week based on your deficit? Are you logging your "splurge days"?

January 2018. Not this year.

OP, are you weighing your food? It’s really easy to go from your deficit and into maintenance (or higher) if you’re only eyeballing or estimating servings.
  • kellykiana
    Options
    The only thing I eyeball is my meat. I typically measure out everything else I eat.
  • frogmommy
    frogmommy Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Do you use a food scale for everything?
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    And how often are these splurge days? Not judging, but my splurges right now are more like eating at maintenance...
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Meat can be very calorie-dense and should be weighed (before cooking). "Measuring" and "weighing" aren't necessarily the same thing - do you weigh all of your food in grams with a food scale? Measuring cups can be very inaccurate.
  • kellykiana
    Options
    My splurge days are about once every week and half. (Other than last week cause we were celebrating) and I dont use a food scale. The other measurements are in cups and tbsp, for veggies, peanut butter, yogurt, etc.

Will measuring meat make a difference? I only eat chicken and ground turkey
  • Kathryn247
    Kathryn247 Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    Using a food scale and weighing your meat will probably make a big difference. Food scales aren't expensive, try a test with your peanut butter - how much you would usually scoop and what it really weighs. It adds up!
  • kellykiana
    Options
    I will try that weighing for sure! Thank you all for the advice! Its been very helpful
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    dbam24utddas.jpg

Someone posted this a while back and it is really helpful to see how cheat days can affect weight loss