C25K

Options
Just wondering if anyone else is doing the C25K right now? I have always hated running, but have always admired those who do it. I want to be a good runner and decided to try this. I just finished day 1 of week 3. I am looking for people who are in a similar spot to compare distance and get support and tips. Today I did 3.4 km in 28 min. Not very good, but it is a start. I am horrible at pacing myself. I do not have access to a treadmill. Any suggestions on how to improve this time. Any good breathing strategies or other tips? You can add me as a friend if you would like too.

Replies

• Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4.
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just started Week 5 tonight. I'm really enjoying it!
  • chubbyandawkward
    Options
    I did my second day of Week 3 today, it was good :)
    I can't wait until I'm running for 20 minutes straight :D
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I did week W4D2 last night, i kind of over did it?!? lol last night was first time iv ran with someone and i ended up doing 4, 5 minutes runs and 3, 3 minute ones and walking inbetween, ended up doing the full 5K in 42 minutes. and it was the first time i have run up a hill too, all 1 and half miles of it, and then back down again lol I felt i could have gone longer and maybe even alittle quicker, but i didnt want to risk burning myself out too early. however when id finished, i felt like i could have gone out and done it again!

Cycling tomorrow and wednesday on a 8 mile trek; then doing w4d3 thursday, and im going to run the same route and beat my time
  • chi88
    chi88 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I just started. Completed W1D1 last night.
  • kerr2010
    kerr2010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I can't wit either. I don't think I have ever run for 20 min straight. Even if it is a slow jog I will be very happy. To me it is a very hard thing to do.
    I did my second day of Week 3 today, it was good :)
    I can't wait until I'm running for 20 minutes straight :D
  • KelseyLayne
    KelseyLayne Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about starting this too-i am an avid smoker and am trying to do something to jump start my cardio abilities since right now they are less then mediocre!! It seems like it might be just the thing!