How would you count?

Options
I've been out of town for work and had Edo Japan for lunch today. As I know the rice is mostly what raisies the nutrient counts (especially the carbs!), I only had part of the rice while eating the beef and vegetables. I'm really not sure how to count for it. I wish there was a way to add a negative food to my diary. Example - Edo Japan 590 calories, no rice -220 or whatever it may be.

How do you count things like that?

Replies

• bigislandgrrl
    bigislandgrrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Its time consuming but I list all of the ingredients one by one.
  • HadraPriestess
    HadraPriestess Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I agree about listing the food one by one. You could plug it in on the recipe builder and get one count.
    Wow...good for you for resisting the rice.
  • rjbrowne82
    rjbrowne82 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Only wanted to Add. I LOVE EDO lol
  • teeley
    teeley Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    you can subtract food, just put a ( - ) beside the number...if you know the calories then quick add calories only use the - and it will subtract
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I wish there was a way to add a negative food to my diary.

you can use your quick calories and enter a negative number.
    I use the notes section to remind myself what the quick calories are for.
  • MFPfriend
    MFPfriend Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    You can add negatives! Just estimate the amount of rice you didn't eat, then add an item like "White rice" to your meal, with a negative in front of the number. Add the meal like normal. :)
  • Blueberry09
    Blueberry09 Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    I did not know you could use negatives - thanks for the info! I guess I should have tried it - I think that's easier than listing the ingredients one by one. I'd probably tend to leave it as it is instead of doing that. Who knows what they put in there that I'd be missing?