Veteran vegetarian low carb /low cal snacks/ recipes/ foods? Share & support each other.

Options
Leonny7
Leonny7 Posts: 13 Member
Hi 👋🏻 I’ve been a vegetarian for 37 years. Would like ideas on low carb/low cal snacks! Or any vegetarian foods/recipe ideas. Share your ideas. Feel free to add me... Goodluck 🍀...

Replies

• reginakarl
    reginakarl Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Kale chips come to mind. Take raw kale and break the leaves from the stems. Wash it. Heat oven to 350f. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper. Put kale leaves on paper. Spray with Pam on all sides. Sprinkle Italian seasoning and a bit of salt. Bake for 15 minutes until crisp
  • Leonny7
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Thanks @reginakarl I love Kale 🥬 too so I’ll definitely try that. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,325 Member
    Options
    45 years ovo-lacto veg, lost back to a healthy weight around 3 years ago.

I usually go for protein-y snacks, since I find protein satiating: That includes crispy chickpeas, crispy broad beans, puppodums, dry-roasted soybeans, smoked tofu with raw sauerkraut, Lupini beans, and (since I'm ovo-lacto) Greek yogurt (with frozen berries & chocolate peanut butter powder, sometimes), 2% milk string cheese, goat cheese, cottage cheese, and the occasional hard-boiled or deviled egg (made with Greek yogurt, not mayo). Edamame (in the shell) aren't super high cal, have lots of nice protein, and take a long time to eat. ;)

As pure relatively low-cal snacks: Veggies of all kinds, whole fruit, pickles, raw sauerkraut/kim chi.

• Leonny7
    Options
    Thanks 🙏🏻 for that @AnnPT77 very interesting. I’ll have to try more foods. I’m very picky with food. I’m 47 & lacto-ovo vegetarian 🌱 too. Well done on getting to a healthy weight 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻. I’ve got a long way to go. But hoping MFP will work. 👍🏻🍀