Starting over again

Options
Hey guys, last year I used MFP and lost 60+ pounds. I have up for a while and have gained that back then some. I would love to have some friends on here to motivate me and celebrate your accomplishments with you! Anyone who would like more friends, I’d really appreciate if you’d add and message me. Also, I have a question. I drink probably over a 2 liter of soda a day so when I cut it down I always get a headache that never seems to go away. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do for it? I’m sure the first time I did this I took an ungodly amount of Tylenol.

Replies

• Calamifi
    Calamifi Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just started again also! I used MFP 3 kids ago 😂 I’ve gained more weight than I care to admit
  • EmiFry3
    EmiFry3 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    That headache you are feeling is most likely a caffeine withdrawal symptom! I switched to black coffee and drank lots and lots of water!
  • gecko7152
    gecko7152 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I agree with emi. You can also try weaning yourself off it? I don't know how the sugars might contribute to headaches.
    Welcome! I'm also new and looking for accountability buddies! I tend to stop tracking after several months and just gain it all back. Let's do this smarter this time! 🙌
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    you can friend me if you like.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    krisscat06 wrote: »
    Hey guys, last year I used MFP and lost 60+ pounds. I have up for a while and have gained that back then some. I would love to have some friends on here to motivate me and celebrate your accomplishments with you! Anyone who would like more friends, I’d really appreciate if you’d add and message me. Also, I have a question. I drink probably over a 2 liter of soda a day so when I cut it down I always get a headache that never seems to go away. Anyone else have this problem? What did you do for it? I’m sure the first time I did this I took an ungodly amount of Tylenol.

Cutting down on soda will often lead to caffeine withdrawals, it's sometimes better to just gradually come off the caffeine by reducing your intake rather than going cold turkey.

Diet sodas, tea/coffee or caffeine supplements could be used as lower calorie alternatives.
  • chantaywheeler
    chantaywheeler Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Starting over as well never really utilized the community decided to try it out just really looking for kind motivation from people who understand the struggle
  • ohcobblers
    ohcobblers Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I agree with all the people shouting "caffeine headache". I suffer from Migraine and was told a long time ago to cut out caffeine all together. I tried but after three weeks of constant pain I just cut back a bit and now I must keep my caffeine intake even. The exact same coffee every morning and the one single Coke in the evening. Caffeine is hard to break from. The idea above about caffeine pills might be helpful as well. I always carry those when I'm away from home and can't keep my caffeine intake regular.
  • elissagraf
    elissagraf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Also finally restarting! I lost 20+ pounds around 2 years ago through counting macros, hydrating, and working out only 2-3x per week. But like @krisscat06, it's all back on ):

Would love to add a few people to help keep me motivated! I love seeing everyone's progress!
  • willboywonder
    willboywonder Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I did when I first quit soda. That was in 2004, and let me tell you I got headaches as well as stomach aches too. It eventually passed. But yes, it does happen. replace it with something else. My regular drink now is green tea.
  • blu1234
    blu1234 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi everyone, In 2015 I was on Myfitnesspal and lost 55lbs. Since, I had a lot of crazy thing's happen in my life. I ate my way through this ordeal and gained that plus some back. I have an upcoming event in April and when I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe what I saw. So I'm back! I am down 8lbs and miss my comfort food but I am trying really hard to get my life both Mentally & Physically back on track. I could use as much support as possible. I am giving it my all.

[edited by MFP mods]
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    krisscat06 wrote: »

When you're cutting down on it are you substituting it with another caffeine source like diet soda, coffee or black tea? You can also buy caffeine pills as well (in the OTC med section at the grocery store.
  • evelynedianearends
    evelynedianearends Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Headache that exists due intake will go away if you stop the intake, over time (days / weeks) (sounds logic) ..

Have Kefir .. 😊

Every time I fall in a little dip for a short time I’ve been able to get back on track by eating the same health foods consistently (which seriously instantly and over time gives my mind and body motivation) but with more extra’s added at first, so I feel a little pampered like say avocado more tomatoes and a touch of mayo a piece of bread and etc

Day after day I remove the extras one by one till I’m on pure health food and no fatty foods at all

The more I do the more it works and the more my lust to run comes back

Water water water

Running is such a high

: )
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Headache that exists due intake will go away if you stop the intake, over time (days / weeks) (sounds logic) ..

Have Kefir .. 😊

Every time I fall in a little dip for a short time I’ve been able to get back on track by eating the same health foods consistently (which seriously instantly and over time gives my mind and body motivation) but with more extra’s added at first, so I feel a little pampered like say avocado more tomatoes and a touch of mayo a piece of bread and etc

Day after day I remove the extras one by one till I’m on pure health food and no fatty foods at all

The more I do the more it works and the more my lust to run comes back

Water water water

Running is such a high

: )

What is pure health food? Why no fatty foods?

Your body does need fat for a number of reasons - to help absorb vitamins (many are only fat soluble), to aid digestion and produce hormones.

No one food is healthy or unhealthy it's what it's context is to the rest of your diet.