In a slump

Options
Hey guys! So I’ve been in a slump lately. I’m only working out once a week and my eating hasn’t been the greatest. I used to work out 4-5 times a week. I would love some new friends to help motivate me!

Replies

• chrisdavis479
    chrisdavis479 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Those are the worst gates to get over... I normally have to shift up my routine to find something that gets me motivated again, find something that makes me want to get back to it.
  • Daveybaseball
    Daveybaseball Posts: 24 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Feel free to add or message me if u want. We are all on our own journeys in a manner of speaking one way or another. What has worked for me thus far and ive seen others have success doing is using this app and logging literally everything. Your calories and what u eat, your exercise and water intake and how much you weigh. Log everything and be honest with yourself when you do. Simplest way to think about it when u come to eating is calories in verses calories out. Don’t eat more then you burn. This app should give u a calorie estimate for the day. Just make sure you don’t go over that weather u exercise or not don’t eat the extra calories it might say u have after a workout stick to the number of calories given to u. If you add a little exercise weight lifting and cardio and or walks or going for runs a few times a week that can help you see more results and help u as well. I have found now that I have been working out regularly a few times a week for the past few weeks it has gotten easier for me as I have built a routine. Try to find something that works for u. Maybe pick a workout goal for the week and try to hit that goal every week. It gets easier as you go after a few weeks if u develop a routine.
  • edjfreeman61
    edjfreeman61 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I’ve been in a slump lately. I’m only working out once a week and my eating hasn’t been the greatest. I used to work out 4-5 times a week. I would love some new friends to help motivate me!

We all go through these stages! Find something you enjoy to do. Any sort of training that makes you smile is something that is easy to make a habit. I mix things up a lot so I don’t get bored. Running, gym, cycling, circuit and HIIT training. That’s what keeps me going. You got this get focused and get moving but mostly make it fun. 😃
  • evelynedianearends
    evelynedianearends Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am too

Every time I fall in a little dip for a short time I’ve been able to get back on track by eating the same health foods consistently (which seriously instantly and over time gives my mind and body motivation) but with more extra’s added at first, so I feel a little pampered like say avocado more tomatoes and a touch of mayo a piece of bread and etc

Day after day I remove the extras one by one till I’m on pure health food and no fatty foods at all

The more I do the more it works and the more my lust to run comes back

Running is such a high

: )
  • wiskie27
    wiskie27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Some things that help keep me motivated, are looking at pictures of the body I want to achieve. Knowing that with time and effort I will achieve those results. Sharing my progress with friends and family (you're welcome to add me). Going to group classes at the gym and measuring my growth in those classes.

I'd also say that thinking and writing down about how your fitness/health effects your ability to achieve your goals in life.

Writing in general about your self and fitness can be a wonderful exercise.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    wiskie27 wrote: »
    Some things that help keep me motivated, are looking at pictures of the body I want to achieve. Knowing that with time and effort I will achieve those results.

Try myshape.fitness (google it) to "build" your own goal body shape and then easily track progress toward that.