Earthquake!!!!!!!!!!! EEEEEEEEE!!!!

Options
garlic7girl
garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
:noway: My East Coast folk how did you manage through the Earthquake? Does this give anyone a new view of life???

Replies

• pbeans
    pbeans Posts: 42
    Options
    I'm in VA and I can't say it gave me a new outlook. It was a feaky feeling though. All safe here.
  • aa1440
    aa1440 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    I felt it here in South Carolina. I was asleep and felt my bed shake. It wasn't much. Just enough to wake me up.
  • kdelost630
    kdelost630 Posts: 199
    Options
    I felt it all the way in CO....oh wait, that was a different earthquake.
  • A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    I live in MD, and it was quite the experience. I have never felt an earthquake before, and in the beginning I thought it was my imagination. We are fine here just a little shook up - no damage.
  • SweetPea4806
    Options
    I live in Colorado and they said we got a 5.3 here last night! We NEVER get them, and I sure didn't feel it! Must of been sleeping really hard! LOL
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    My work building felt like it was swirling...it was weird, but honestly not scary.
  • RebelliousRibbons
    RebelliousRibbons Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    Felt it in Ohio! I was in class.. thought I was losing my mind. XD
  • hm_day
    hm_day Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    I didn't feel it up in Mass, but I was in a basement at the time, haha. However, some parts of Mass did feel it, and a coworker of mine in Washington DC was in the Smithsonian and had to be evacuated.
  • mem50
    mem50 Posts: 1,384 Member
    Options
    Missed it here in MI. Still remember the on we did feel about.......24 years ago? It does not seem that long, but it had to of been.
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    rB5Jp.jpg
  • tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was in the shake zone (NC), but i didn't feel, or hear a thing..lol Guess i Should be thankful.
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Here is a picture of the damage that earthquake caused.

DC-Quake-300x193.jpg
  • lkwalker71
    lkwalker71 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    I am in VA. I was at work at the time. Where I work is about 20 miles from the center. It was a little scary. We had a small one here before which I did not feel. I have never been through one like today. Thankfully from what I have heard no one was hurt.
  • beckyinma
    beckyinma Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    In Massachusetts, felt it 8 minutes later as about a 2.0 tremor. It was very creepy to be sitting outside watching my livestock then feeling a shaking under me, the chickens all got to higher ground for some reason, and the wheelbarrows were swaying, and the wheels on the kids' wagon was wobbling. It was very strange. Obviously, no damage up here. Very strange for my New England friends who JUST moved down to the Richmond area though...
  • tomasart
    tomasart Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo laughing at Your lil' graphic there! heehee
  • fitev
    fitev Posts: 41
    Options
    Yikes, i'm here in CO...but didn't feel the one in Trinidad...
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Missed it here in MI. Still remember the on we did feel about.......24 years ago? It does not seem that long, but it had to of been.
    Early 1986.... woke me up, I lived by the RR tracks, thought a train had crashed.
  • KA2002VT
    Options
    I live in Charlottesville and was on the top floor of my building. We don't really get earthquakes here, so it was pretty scary. No one really knew what to do, so most of us ran down the stairs and outside (probably not the smartest thing to do).
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options

dude, I didn't feel it at all...darn. I feel like I'm missing out.

glad all the reported quakes were fairly minor and no major injuries or destruction!
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!