Hello

Options
Hi my name is abi. i struggle with weight loss and would love some friends on here snd some tips for weight loss. any advice helps.

Replies

• chrisdavis479
    chrisdavis479 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Welcome! The best advice I can give is log. everything. You'll quickly see patterns and foods that trigger bad eating habits and I always feel the pressure to meet my daily exercise goals on this! Check your logs out every so often (I normally do prior to my grocery shopping trips) for foods that you regularly go to that have too much added sugars, bad fats, or carbs, try to strike a few of them out and replace them with better alternatives each time!
  • abinorinnn
    abinorinnn Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    thank you!
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. You're in the right place. Just remember, take it slow, find a lifestlye change you can live with. No use losing a bunch of weight only to go back and gain more back once you get sick of some crazy diet.
  • rythomas1
    rythomas1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I agree with Chris. Once you start to log your food, youll see trends in your food choices and what puts you over your daily reccomended macros. There are many different tools available online that will help you determine where your daily caloric intake should land. Once you determine that number, start off by putting yourself in at least a 300-500 calorie deficit. Feel free to add me
  • cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the club. I agree with the above. Log everything. Even if you are under your cals and you think it isnt a big deal, log it
  • wiskie27
    wiskie27 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    abinorinnn wrote: »
    Hi my name is abi. i struggle with weight loss and would love some friends on here snd some tips for weight loss. any advice helps.

Best of luck with your pursuit, one of the keys is always maintaining a caloric deficit. You'd want to calculate your bodies daily consumption of calories, and minus 500 is approx 1lb of weight per week lost.

Also foods that keep you full help a lot. Proteins tend to keep the body satiated longer, and they help your body build healthy muscle in an exercise routine.

Definitely log as the others have said, also even 30 minutes of exercise a day can go a long way.
  • rdthoms
    rdthoms Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    log everything, be honest, don't get too aggressive with deficits