Down 42 pounds since Jan 2 2019 !!

Options
jamieandalison
jamieandalison Posts: 5 Member
edited March 2019 in Success Stories
Jan 2 2019 I weighed in at 279. Today Mar 9 2019 I’m down to 238.

Replies

• LionheartWest
    LionheartWest Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Dude that's great news, congrats! I can't see to open the pictures but even from the thumbnails I can see a massive difference!
  • creationscrown
    creationscrown Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    WOW!! You look like a different person!! Great job!
  • pstroope
    pstroope Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    That’s amazing! Keep it going! 👍🏼
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,321 Member
    Options
    Nice job... Congrats!
  • an0393na
    an0393na Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Howw?
  • ChrisS_51
    ChrisS_51 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Wow, looking good, and happy about that great weight loss, well done. Any secrets to share? I need some motivation! Just re-starting my weight loss.
  • ButterIsGood
    ButterIsGood Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?!!! I've only lost 16 since January 1st.
  • lovefrenchies
    lovefrenchies Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Good for you; I bet you feel great!
  • ctucker399
    ctucker399 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It would be great to hear how & what you did! Please share! You look amazing!
  • jamieandalison
    jamieandalison Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the congrats and well wishes. Transparently my journey started with an embarrassing step on the scale, the first time in many years. I knew that I need to change immediately. I’ve started with my nutrition, creating healthier eating habits like being mindful about the times of day I eat, the foods and menus and I intermittently fast for 18 hours and allow myself to eat for the remainder. Iam very careful to eat very low calorie meals consisting of fruits vegetables, proteins and limiting the carbs carbs to ones naturally sourced from veggies, no more breads or like items. I’m very careful that I’m consuming the majority of these calories earlier in the day so that by the time they are turned into usable energy I’m still going to use that energy. I have set goals for my Macros of 35% Protien 30% Carbs and 35% fats. I have been drinking a lot more water, 3-4 liters a day or more. I have cut out all sweets, salts, sugars and other such things. Despite my love of beer I have cut that out too until I reach me goal. I still treat myself to a drink here and there but. Is it’s Vodka Soda or Red Wines. I bought a Soda Stream to make the water consumption more appealing and use sliced lime or lemon to accent this. As far as activities, so far they are limited to indoor/outdoor walks. As odd as it may sound I have a first goal of 225lb before I start actively hitting a gym and even then at first it will be limited to cardio for the first while. I was over weight enough that I don’t want to push myself to a point where i got injured and slide backwards.
    So far this has been my plan and it’s working. I started out Jan 2 2019 at 279lbs. Today March 12 I weigh 235lbs, only 10lbs from the goal of 225lb where I will begin stage 2 where I get back to the gym and work towards a final healthy weight of 200lbs, a weight I haven’t seen since I was 20yrs old.
  • emilysusana
    emilysusana Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    How did you do it?!!! I've only lost 16 since January 1st.

Me, too, ButterIsGood. (Well, I’ve lose 17 but I started Dec. 26). And we’re both doing great. I’m not sure if your stats, but OP is a man and started at 279. He has lost at an alarmingly fast weight which may be healthy for him, but would not be for us. Sounds like you’re doing things right—I wouldn’t aim for a faster rate than what you’re doing! And I agree, butter IS good.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!