Oh lord, just ordered a two-piece swimsuit

Options
gallicinvasion
gallicinvasion Posts: 1,015 Member
Can’t believe it! Haven’t worn a two-piece since college. After losing 87 lbs I feel like I can probably wear it safely without feeling like I look terrible, but it certainly is a milestone.

It’s in the mail, so hopefully it fits nicely and I won’t have to return it. Gals, have you experienced this particular non-scale victory?

Replies

• kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    I'm not there yet but I'm so excited for you! Rock it, girl!
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    Congrats! I have indeed experienced this, when I lost 43 lbs I started wearing bikinis. It took some time to feel completely confident about it but now I just wanna wear them every chance I get! I’ve developed a sort of addiction, I buy a few new bikinis every year and can’t wait to get out to the beach/pool to wear them. It helps keep me accountable in maintaining my goal weight because I wanna keep looking good, I’ve maintained for 5 years now B) enjoy your new 2 piece!

That is an awesome way to look at it. Thanks!
  • puffbrat
    puffbrat Posts: 2,806 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Rock that suit with confidence!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    Options
    Enjoy being young and losing the weight!
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Congrats!! That's an awesome achievement!!

I did get some two pieces when I lost 80lbs because we were right about to go to Hawaii or Mexico. But now, I've lost beyond that and none of them fit very well. This past summer I had some... moments where my bottoms decided they wanted their independence, which was no okay!! Luckily, it was in my own pool, but still.

We're going on vacation in June, so I am hoping to shed a few more pounds and then go shopping. Hopefully, I will be at a point where I feel confident....
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Woot woot!
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    Can’t believe it! Haven’t worn a two-piece since college. After losing 87 lbs I feel like I can probably wear it safely without feeling like I look terrible, but it certainly is a milestone.

It’s in the mail, so hopefully it fits nicely and I won’t have to return it. Gals, have you experienced this particular non-scale victory?

Non-scale victories are the most gratifying, especially with bikinis, comfy lounge wear, even night-out dresses, when reflecting on the go-to attires since College.

Own it!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    Awesome! :smile:
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    Congrats!! That's an awesome achievement!!

I did get some two pieces when I lost 80lbs because we were right about to go to Hawaii or Mexico. But now, I've lost beyond that and none of them fit very well. This past summer I had some... moments where my bottoms decided they wanted their independence, which was no okay!! Luckily, it was in my own pool, but still.

We're going on vacation in June, so I am hoping to shed a few more pounds and then go shopping. Hopefully, I will be at a point where I feel confident....

Sounds like you should treat yourself to another suit!
  • 12Sarah2015
    12Sarah2015 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. Yes I have, a year ago. But my bikini top is too large now (was breastfeeding) so I cover up with a rash shirt... stops me getting sunburnt!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    yay you!!! that's fabulous
  • gallicinvasion
    Options
    Congrats B)

I started in a tri-suit, you know those with zips up the front, up to the neck and down to the elbows and knees. After a few trips where snorkling was involved, I was a tankini, then bikini convert.
    Now, it is bikinis all the way. I have way too many of them.

When it arrives, you may find just spending time wearing your two piece around the house helpful. It just gets you use to seeing so much of your body exposed doing everyday things.

Cheers, h.

A great idea thanks!

• Mmae20
    Mmae20 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! Enjoy ur success definitely you deserve it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!