Getting started is the hardest part!

Options
Hi... I'm back after many years... this time with a short term goal. Just trying to kick start my activity level and become confident and trusting of my body again. My main goal is to achieve some consistency with healthy eating and exercise, the rest will follow.

Looking to connect with people who have busy full lives and find it challenging to fit it all in.. WHO DO IT ANYWAY!!!! If you are good at overcoming excuses, please, please, please... inspire me!!!!! ;)

Replies

• Pool_Boy
    Pool_Boy Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    You can do this 😊
  • smiles4miles211
    smiles4miles211 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Pool_Boy wrote: »
    You can do this 😊

Thank you! Day by day, right? :) Exercise in for today already. One foot in front of the other...
  • Orphia
    Orphia Posts: 7,097 Member
    Options
    Well done for using the forums!

Check out the General forum's "Helpful Posts" topics.

I found that reading and learning from successful people how to do this with as little motivation necessary was much more helpful than having a friend urge me to crash diet and push myself more than I'm comfortable with.

You've made a great start. Keep at it, and good luck. :smile:
  • jonsjourney2019
    jonsjourney2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi... I'm back after many years... this time with a short term goal. Just trying to kick start my activity level and become confident and trusting of my body again. My main goal is to achieve some consistency with healthy eating and exercise, the rest will follow.

Looking to connect with people who have busy full lives and find it challenging to fit it all in.. WHO DO IT ANYWAY!!!! If you are good at overcoming excuses, please, please, please... inspire me!!!!! ;)

Hey smies4miles211! I have been on and off this app for years but I feel new every time! Lol welcome! I totally seek the same kind of motivated people to help me achieve my goals. I love it when I find people to hold me accountable to my goals so now I make it a goal to do the same for other people. I found the most efficient and creative way to bring people who share similar goals, together in the spirit accountability is to create great video content with some insightful information so I created a YouTube channel I think you would love! Make sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think and if you enjoy it, feel free to subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bAoqqyXM8JhqQjIUmnx7Q
  • jonsjourney2019
    jonsjourney2019 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    *smiles4miles* lol sorry
  • jan110144
    jan110144 Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    Fun suggestion ... try "one minute" exercises. (You can Google and find lots of resources ... including ones you can easily do at work). The concept is to fit in many very short bursts of exercise throughout the day. While I am retired (and have NO excuses for not exercising), I have committed to doing something each hour of the day. This makes sure that I don't get lost in a sedentary act and forget to move. I have found it necessary to set my Fitbit reminder because it is really easy to get distracted.

While these one-minute exercises don"t replace a good workout, they are helpful and refreshing and do add up by the end of the day
  • smiles4miles211
    Options
    jan110144 wrote: »
    Fun suggestion ... try "one minute" exercises. (You can Google and find lots of resources ... including ones you can easily do at work). The concept is to fit in many very short bursts of exercise throughout the day. While I am retired (and have NO excuses for not exercising), I have committed to doing something each hour of the day. This makes sure that I don't get lost in a sedentary act and forget to move. I have found it necessary to set my Fitbit reminder because it is really easy to get distracted.

While these one-minute exercises don"t replace a good workout, they are helpful and refreshing and do add up by the end of the day
    Thank you! It was a sedentary desk job that led to the downward spiral of no energy at the end of the day to exercise, and it was a vicious cycle. Thanks for the tip!
  • smiles4miles211
    Options

Hey smies4miles211! I have been on and off this app for years but I feel new every time! Lol welcome! I totally seek the same kind of motivated people to help me achieve my goals. I love it when I find people to hold me accountable to my goals so now I make it a goal to do the same for other people. I found the most efficient and creative way to bring people who share similar goals, together in the spirit accountability is to create great video content with some insightful information so I created a YouTube channel I think you would love! Make sure to leave a comment to let me know what you think and if you enjoy it, feel free to subscribe!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2bAoqqyXM8JhqQjIUmnx7Q

Thank you :) I went to watch. Love your heart! Keep doing what you're doing, putting yourself out there and believing in your mission, you'll get to where you intend to go!