21 weeks pregnant and so thankful I lost weight first!

hmize202
hmize202 Posts: 14 Member
I’ve struggled with my weight all of my life. The past two years I’ve gone from 200lbs to 150lbs, and I’m 5’8. Now I am 21 weeks pregnant, and so happy I got my weight under control and understand healthy eating. Thank you MFP!

Replies

• hmize202
    Not sure if the pictures showed up! Haha
  • ericadcruz32
    ericadcruz32 Posts: 48 Member
    I know! It's very much a relief. Adding 30-50 lbs on top of 30-50 overweight is dreadful! Congrats on the baby and you look amazing!
  • hmize202
    Thank you!! :)
  • Daisy_Girl2019
    Daisy_Girl2019 Posts: 209 Member
    Doing the same thing. Not preggy yet, but working on losing 15 more lbs before getting pregnant this year.
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    Great work!

I completely agree with you - making sure you're fit before pregnancy is one of the best things you can do for your body and yourself! Good luck with the remainder of your pregnancy - it will go quick and before you know it, you'll be holding that bundle of joy :)
  • hmize202
    Awww thank you guys! It feels good now knowing that I can loose the baby weight after too! It was hard, but so worth it! And thanks-we are so excited for the baby!!
  • GemimaFitzTed
    GemimaFitzTed Posts: 260 Member
    hmize202 wrote: »
    Awww thank you guys! It feels good now knowing that I can loose the baby weight after too! It was hard, but so worth it! And thanks-we are so excited for the baby!!

I'm going to give you two pieces of advice - before you commence the baby weight-loss, make sure you're physically, emotionally and mentally ready to do it. And most importantly - go as slow as you want!

Also, get you're partner used to the fact that you will need "you time" when bubs arrives and that losing the pregnancy weight is important to you. Starting that conversation now will seriously help you when you embark on that journey.

I didn't have that conversation with my hubby when I was pregnant with our children and I kick myself everyday.
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    edited March 2019
    You look so great and healthy and strong! Congratulations on the new little one!
  • hmize202
    Thank you so much!! It’s all so exciting! Another positive thing, is that I’ll pass down my healthy eating habits to my children. Or at least I have a better understanding of nutrition. Like the fact Raisin Bran has the same glycemic index as a snickers bar! So with most cereals, you’re basically feeding your kid straight sugar, and people wonder why childhood diabetes is on the rise. Processed carbohydrates with no fiber :/
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    This is really inspiring to me. I'm 33 so my clock for having a baby is already ticking :D But among getting healthy one of the main reasons I'm wanting to lose weight is so I can actually see the baby bump when I do become pregnant
  • hmize202
    kayfaei wrote: »
    This is really inspiring to me. I'm 33 so my clock for having a baby is already ticking :D But among getting healthy one of the main reasons I'm wanting to lose weight is so I can actually see the baby bump when I do become pregnant

Awww-yeah I wish I had a bump too! People show differently, regardless of weight. I’m 21 weeks and no bump yet! Haha. Good luck!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!