Food diary

Options
This may sound strange but I have no clue what "normal" eating looks like. Is there a way to search for MFP members who have open food diaries for me to look at?

Replies

• Cchappell10
    Options
    It is optional to each member whether or not they want to share their diaries. I don't believe there is a way to search for those who have opened them to all, but it is very common for MFP users to open their diaries to "friends". I am definitely not the best example, but you are welcome to add me as a friend a peek at my diary. Good luck! :)
  • ejmcam
    ejmcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    same with me.....I dont know if what I eat is what others consider normal, but its normal for me. Add me and feel free to take a look!
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I'm glad you asked that question...I'm a newbee and have no clue what everybody is eating!!
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you want to take a look at my diary as well, I don't know if I am "normal" but I am not on a diet...don't like the word lol just trying my best to eat healthier, right now I am actually struggling with not eating enough.
  • corapie
    corapie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You're welcome to have a look at my diary. I like to see others too, it helps with ideas so things don't get boring. I don't think there's a way to search it.
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at mine. I think I have it set that you don't need to be my friend. Not sure if mine is typical....
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    I'm like many, I have my good days and bad. I do like my diary open to my friends; makes me more accountable and lets other people get ideas. You're welcome to add me if you'd like! :smile:
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    My diary is open to all. I love looking at other people's diaries for new ideas myself!
  • rluxie
    rluxie Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I think normal is staying within your calorie range. It wouldn't be normal if you are way over or way under every day. One of the things I really like about the food tracker/exercise tracker is that it lets me actually visualize if I am eating too much or not enough. Also, I think people have to be careful about things they add for exercise. If you do a workout, or something that is beyond how you filled in your original profile regarding your activity level then that's good. Otherwise, you may be just trying to add calories to something that has already been considered. Good luck.
  • kerrylou150
    Options
    I believe mine is open too. if not send a friends request. some days i am good... some days not so much. but i was able to eat a snickers and stay in my calories for the day.
  • milaxx
    milaxx Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I count as normal. I'm vegetarian and I eat as cleanly as possible but I have to admit I have a weakness for fries. Nonetheless my diary is open and I've logged for close to 100 days straight so you can see good eating days and bad eating days.
  • MelC2564
    MelC2564 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Mine is open to friends, so feel free to add me (though like everyone else, I dont know if my habits are normal haha). Just add a bunch of people (its great anyway cos everyone is so nice and supportive!) and most will have their diary open :)
  • staceyb00
    staceyb00 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I don't know how normal mine is, but you are free to take a look.
  • linderk
    linderk Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I know EXACTLY what you mean. I said that to myself several times. It doesnt sound stupid at all. I dont think there is any examples to look at BUT I will say to mainly incorporate more vegi's and fruits to your meals. When u start logging on a regular you will see where maybe you could change up somethings. I really use this tool allot. You just have to make sure to log on a regular.

Please add me as a friend. If you want. We can talk more about it also. I have been and am in your shoes. I understand where your coming from completely

Kimberly
  • Melaniec78
    Melaniec78 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Mine is open. Feel free to add me. I am south beaching phase 2 so it's pretty healthy I guess. I do have cheats but I try to keep those on the days I run and usually they're not horrible just a few chips or a few bites of mac n cheese off my kids plates lol.

Let me tell you it makes a huge difference in my eating habits when I log food. When you are held accountable you pay much more attention to what and how much you eat.

Good Luck!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and take a peek. I would like to think i have a fairly good diet, and try to get around 1700 cals per day.
  • lawlesslass
    Options
    mine is open to see. i think that if you follow the carbs/fat/protein ratio you will end up on the good.....try to eat at least 5-7 servings of fruits and veggies per day...and fill in the gaps with lean protein....then your last resort should be starches and sugars