what's for dinner?

Options
just looking for some ideas of what i can make for dinner this week! what are some of your favorites? i am a vegetarian, my husband is not. i am still down with non-veggie recipes as i can try to think of a way to adapt them.

tonight we had hummus wraps with cheese, greens, peppers, and a bit of balsamic vinegar - YUM.

Replies

• beautyofspeed
    Options
    Tonight I made Indian Butter Chicken modified a little bit to be less caloric on 1 serving size each of Naan.
  • phatphd
    phatphd Posts: 45
    Options
    Tonight I made steamed lentils with grilled tofu and a big spring mix salad with fresh strawberries macerated in balsamic vinegar.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I am eating a horrendous meal of chicken, wonton wraps, cream cheese, other cheeses, and buckets of hot sauce all mushed together and deep fried.

We call them buffalo chicken wontons, and they are definitely not a food that will help you maintain NOR lose weight. I don't even like them all that much but my guy swears they are the greatest food in existence. So I will gladly prepare them for him tonight.

I might actually eat a bowl of kashi cearl instead. :)
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    grilled citrus tuna (marinade: 1/2 C orange juice, 1/2 C olive oil, 1 Tbs dried oregano, 1/4 C fresh parsley, salt & pepper)
    brown rice
    steamed broccoli
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Tonight we are having french onion soup and salad!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    Options
    I'm cooking them now - fresh purple hull peas. :) I'm thinking I am going to mix them with a little rice and a wee bit of butter. (Sacrilege, I know!)
  • photorific
    photorific Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Caldo Verde tonight - not sure that there's a veg version (perhaps soyrizo would sub for the linguica?)...
  • prettyone822
    Options
    clueless!!! starving and dont know what to order! =/
  • Molly_Louise
    Options
    I had spaghetti bolognese! Yum.
  • pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    Whole wheat greek style pita, with tzatziki (made with fat free yogurt), and cubed chicken breast, cooked in lemon juice, with garlic and oregano. Garnish with shredded lettuse, chopped tomatoes and red onion. Super yummy, messy, and one 7" pita topped with everything is under 500 calories, 7g of fiber and 42g of protein. Betcha it would work with tofu instead of chicken.
  • kimcatania
    Options
    Dinner tonight was a salmon burger on a wheat roll, corn & cherry tomatoes and a few homemade baked sweet potato wedges.
  • corapie
    corapie Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'm not a vegetarian but I still like to make chili with just TVP & beans. Lots of veggies, tomato, onion, garlic, & hot peppers or hot sauce for flavor. I put it over a little brown rice with greek yogurt instead of sour cream.
  • FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    I made a white bean and collard stew with a creole seasoning.
  • had3nuf
    had3nuf Posts: 59
    Options
    I made the world's BEST chocolate chocolate chip pancakes for the kiddo's...they LOVE EM'...........for myself, I grilled some talapia..and orange and yellow bell peppers.
  • redpj1
    redpj1 Posts: 7
    Options
    Lima beans with smoke turkey wing meat inside, lemon pepper chicken tenderloin strips that's stir fried, and green leafy lettuce salad with little french dressing and cucumbers. Green tea to drink