Its effecting my sleep.

Options
Isra_1
Isra_1 Posts: 44 Member
I've been off track for ages. Only recently did i start tracking again and being mindful. Yesterday I ate the exact amount of calories that I'm allowed to, and felt completely full. I wasn't hungry. But my bad habits craved for a late night snack. (and by snack i mean, atleast 200-300 more kcals). I remained steadfast and didn't eat, but all night long I kept tossing and turning in my bed and its 5 in the morning now and I still haven't slept. And i'm not the kinda girl who loses sleep easily. I've been trying to fix my sleeping schedule because i generally sleep alot. And im frustrated now because I don't want to sleep in the morning and knowing myself, that is when i'll start feeling drowsy. I need to study for exams as well and this is not gonna help me.
Does anyone have any advice on how to cope with this. Are these two things actually related or is it just in my head? And are there any other students out there who try and manage studying and weight loss together? Please add me I really need a buddy!

Replies

• seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    I'm much older, I'm sure, and not a student. But I think it sounds like you need a stricter schedule for yourself to manage everything the way it sounds like you would like to. Maybe that isn't your personality type and if so, please ignore what I am suggesting. But I know for me, when I was younger & in college as well as now in my forties, I need a good routine to keep up healthy habits. Waking up at a certain time (doesn't have to be crazy early) and going to bed by a somewhat reasonable time. Getting out of the house by x hour even if I didn't have class/work, just to feel motivated to get out and move around and dress in proper clothing even if just for an hour or two of walking and errands. Scheduling my meals at specific times and planning (loosely) what I will prepare & eat. That sort of thing. I know it sounds pretty boring but I think it can help a person to take control of their life and habits.
  • Isra_1
    Isra_1 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Agreed! I am all up for having a routine that suits ones lifestyle. Its just that getting INTO a routine is hard. And i've always failed to balance weight loss and studying to do them both together. Still giving it a shot and hope it works out this time! Thanks for your reply! Really appreciate it!
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Can you trim a few hundred calories from other meals throughout the day so that you have enough "saved up" to get that late-night snack without guilt or hassle? I always have a smallish meal (in the neighborhood of 250-300 cal) immediately before bed.