Options
_DevinCianna_
_DevinCianna_ Posts: 50 Member
Why or why not

Replies

• TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    I've dated a lot of women that I worked with over the years. My second and third wives were women I worked with. I don't recommend it.
  • _DevinCianna_
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    I've dated a lot of women that I worked with over the years. My second and third wives were women I worked with. I don't recommend it.

Why not
  • lx1x
    lx1x Posts: 38,321 Member
    Options
    Date.. no.. went out and hang out.. yes..
  • mkbrockman
    mkbrockman Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    No
    Always leads to trouble. Imagine your co-worker, who’s also your ex talking about how you are in the bed at work
  • run2live75
    run2live75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Married him... <3
  • _DevinCianna_
    Options
    run2live75 wrote: »
    Married him... <3

You guys still work together?
  • Cutemesoon
    Cutemesoon Posts: 2,646 Member
    Options
    HECK NO! I don't mess around where I make my money. Also, I refrain from even talking to my co-workers as much as possible. :s
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »

Why not

No issues with the women I dated but didn't marry. However, it was tense when my second wife left me and we still worked together.

My third wife was a Chiropractor. I was a Licensed Massage Therapist. When she left me. I lost my job, my home and my income. Was a rough year.
  • run2live75
    run2live75 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    run2live75 wrote: »
    Married him... <3

You guys still work together?

Not anymore. We decided financially if something would happen to the company we didn't both want to be out of a job so he ended up taking something else. But we did for 5 years.

• TheRoadDog
    Options

Would you be where you are now if it weren't for them?

Of course not. Every choice you make, good or bad, takes you to where you are today. If my second wife hadn't left me, I never would have travelled to where I met my third wife. If my third wife hadn't left me, I never would have met my current wife. We've been married for 27 years. Raised three girls. Never been happier.

None of my previous wives ever remarried.
  • sheloves89
    sheloves89 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Nope. =]

Mostly 'cus I'm dating my soulmate already, and we don't work together, haha. We work in related fields (I'm a veterinarian, he's a human doctor), and we have really fascinating conversations about medicine in the species we work with, but they're different enough fields that these conversations don't feel like an extension of work! :D

I also can't imagine living with, commuting with, and then working with someone... Love, love, love my partner, but I really don't want him in my space all the time! I think that would probably drive me absolutely bonkers.

My organization has taken on a new girl who will be working alongside me, and she's looking for a place to live, and I have a spare room but am hesitant to rent it to her for exactly this same reason - even though we wouldn't be involved romantically, I really don't want to spend that much time around one person! (Don't worry - my town has plenty of rental opportunities, it's not like I'm the only available option =] And if I was, I'd take her in...)
  • TheRoadDog
    Options

Would you be where you are now if it weren't for them?

Of course not. Every choice you make, good or bad, takes you to where you are today. If my second wife hadn't left me, I never would have travelled to where I met my third wife. If my third wife hadn't left me, I never would have met my current wife. We've been married for 27 years. Raised three girls. Never been happier.

None of my previous wives ever remarried.

So it's cool to recommend dating co workers then? Or just date who they like co-workers or not

Yep. Gotta go with your heart. You can get hurt and fail or you can meet the love of your life. Sometimes, you have to put yourself out there.
  • Cassandraw3
    Cassandraw3 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Don't dip your pen in the company stink.

I think it depends on the people and the situation. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.
  • TheRoadDog
    Options
    Love all the sayings:

Don't get your meat where you get your bread.
  • RunHardBeStrong
    RunHardBeStrong Posts: 33,069 Member
    Options
    Been there done that. Do not recommend.
  • Reckoner67
    Reckoner67 Posts: 3,344 Member
    Options
    I would date the whole office, probably twice