Walden Farms Products

Options
Has anyone tried the Walden Farms Peanut Butter or their creamers? Just curious what you thought of them :)

Replies

• sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Their PB is terrible love the rest of their stuff. Maple syrup have to not use a lot of get weird after taste. Love dipping fruit in their chocolate sauce.
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    omg...stay away from the 'peanut butter'! It does not taste like it should be anything someone should put in their mouth. I don't throw away food ever....but threw this stuff away!

I've been shy to try anything else however, there seems to be a lot of people that like the syrups.
  • JaxxieKat
    JaxxieKat Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Never tried the PB, but I really like their caramel sauce.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Has anyone tried the Walden Farms Peanut Butter or their creamers? Just curious what you thought of them :)

There are a number of low calorie peanut butter products out there that use actual peanuts. No need to resort to Walden Farms for PB. Look for PB2 or PB Fit in the peanut butter section. These are peanuts with the oil pressed out. The texture leaves a lot to be desired.....but the taste is pretty good.

Syrups are probably the Walden Farms things that get the best reviews. The maple syrup isn't bad. Not impressed with the salad dressing I tried.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    TeaBea wrote: »

There are a number of low calorie peanut butter products out there that use actual peanuts. No need to resort to Walden Farms for PB. Look for PB2 or PB Fit in the peanut butter section. These are peanuts with the oil pressed out. The texture leaves a lot to be desired.....but the taste is pretty good.

Syrups are probably the Walden Farms things that get the best reviews. The maple syrup isn't bad. Not impressed with the salad dressing I tried.

I do have PB2 but, to be honest, I'm only eating it because it's low calorie and is "good enough". I miss the rich creaminess and taste of real peanut butter, but I can't justify the calories. I guess it'll just be one of those once in a blue moon treats *shrugs* The Walden Farms maple syrup is decent. Has a strong saccharine taste to it that is sickening in large doses.
  • pinggolfer96
    pinggolfer96 Posts: 2,248 Member
    Options
    Here's my thought about walden farms. I love it, but for the price of sometimes 5'dollars a bottle, it's better to just go with a sugar free store brand syrup. Walden farms uses the same ingredients (sugar alcohols), but don't state calories cause there is less than 5 per serving. So I can get a 16 oz bottle of walden farms for 5 bucks or a 32 oz sugar free syrup from Ralph's that's 2 bucks that states its calories for 1/4 cup, yet they are the SAME ingredients!
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options

I do have PB2 but, to be honest, I'm only eating it because it's low calorie and is "good enough". I miss the rich creaminess and taste of real peanut butter, but I can't justify the calories. I guess it'll just be one of those once in a blue moon treats *shrugs* The Walden Farms maple syrup is decent. Has a strong saccharine taste to it that is sickening in large doses.

Unfortunately, the rich creaminess & taste is because of the fat, and the fat is where most of the calories come from :(
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    If you search the forums there are like 20 threads with really good reviews of all the products!
  • psychod787
    psychod787 Posts: 4,088 Member
    Options
    Here's my thought about walden farms. I love it, but for the price of sometimes 5'dollars a bottle, it's better to just go with a sugar free store brand syrup. Walden farms uses the same ingredients (sugar alcohols), but don't state calories cause there is less than 5 per serving. So I can get a 16 oz bottle of walden farms for 5 bucks or a 32 oz sugar free syrup from Ralph's that's 2 bucks that states its calories for 1/4 cup, yet they are the SAME ingredients!

thanks for the info! I use hey syrup and did not track it. I guess I will start using the cheaper stuff.
  • macgurlnet
    macgurlnet Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options

If you're willing to spend a few calories on syrup, Mrs. Butterworth's makes a sugar free syrup that's 20 cals per 1/4 cup, and I really like it! I can tell it's not the real thing, but it's fairly thick and does have the butteryness I'm looking for :)

Hershey's also makes a lower sugar syrup which is decent - a little thinner than I'd like, but it does the job!

~Lyssa
  • sofchak
    sofchak Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Do NOT buy the Walden Farms peanut butter. Omg - most disgusting “food” I’ve ever tried. I’ve read about people having success using it as the peanut butter in something like peanut sauce, but I don’t think it’s worth eating even at “zero” calories!

Many of their other products are decent - chocolate syrup, caramel syrup and their super fruit balsamic dressing are their best products imo.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Here are some good discussions if you are looking for a lot of feedback on what products people like and don't like. https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=&search=walden+farms&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=

The honey dijon dressing is my favorite. I've tried almost everything. Stay away from the peanut butter, it is terrible. The jellies are all good, but not really worth the price when sugar free jelly is only 5-10 calories anyways. I love all of the creamers I've tried. The chocolate sauce isn't good at all but the caramel dip is delicious. Especially added to pancakes, waffles, ice cream, yogurt, etc.

The worst salad dressings are ranch, caesar and blue cheese. The vinegar based ones are all pretty good.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I guess the peanut butter is a no lol!
  • KeithWhiteJr
    KeithWhiteJr Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have tried quite a few WF products, and, I liked all of them, except the peanut butter and the tomato pasta sauce. I would never buy either again.