Where to start/exercise at home.

Options
2»

Replies

• fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    I use Les Mills on Demand at home. There are strength and cardio options. There is some equipment to buy, but you can purchase less expensive alternatives to the branded things. I think I pay $12.99 per month for the subscription and I use it 3-4 times per week.

Do you have any interest in running? Once I felt like walking wasn't enough for me, I transitioned to running and have been running ever since.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Many people like Beachbody on Demand (no affiliation). 21 day fix or Clean Week workouts are a great place to start. There’s an annual or monthly fee and a Free trial offer sometimes.
  • LushFix
    LushFix Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I use Les Mills on Demand at home. There are strength and cardio options. There is some equipment to buy, but you can purchase less expensive alternatives to the branded things. I think I pay $12.99 per month for the subscription and I use it 3-4 times per week.

Do you have any interest in running? Once I felt like walking wasn't enough for me, I transitioned to running and have been running ever since.

Yes I would like to start running, but I live in northern Canada, definitely going to give it a go in the spring and I also purchased a bike.
  • kilobykilo
    kilobykilo Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I use Les Mills on Demand at home. There are strength and cardio options.

Ohhhh this is interesting! I loved Les mills classes at the gym, totally going to check it out, thanks!

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    When I want to stay home and don't feel like using the treadmill I do a Jillian Michael's DVD or the kettlebell DVD that came with my kettlebell. Both 30 minute and makes me sweat.
  • Rabbit91476
    Rabbit91476 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Calisthenics. No weights. Lots of you tube videos can be done at most local parks. Or buy a tower off amazon for 100$
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Since you specifically mentioned cardio, try The Fitness Marshall on YouTube. His videos are all dance workouts choreographed to pop, rap and R&B. They’re a lot of fun and he really knows what he’s doing.