100+ pounds to lose in MD - would love support and motivatio

Options
My name is Robin, and I am a 28 year old wife and mother of 1 in Southern, MD.

As mentioned on my profile, I have never been small. Coming from two large parents, at birth I was 9+ pounds. The trend continued as I was raised in a Southern "fried, slathered, smothered, extra butter, super size" home. I was always told "you carry your weight so well. Especially since you are so tall!" Although I was never ashamed of my size, it was when I graduated from high school in 2001 wearing a size 22 that I started to eat emotionally...attaching food to happiness, sadness, and an all around good time.

I've struggled with weight loss in the past...having some success with a healthier lifestyle (60 pounds lost in 2006), but eventually slipping back into my old ways. Being married just under 3 years to an Executive Chef has it's advantages....but it certainly isn't your waistline!

In July of 2011 I topped the scales at my heaviest weight ever...327 pounds. I was struggling with both my blood pressure and cholesterol. At that point, I knew it was time for a change. On July 5th, my husband and I started our weight loss journey. MFP has been a big help in helping me to track my food and exercise, but I had not been using it as much recently. (I'm getting back on track ASAP!!) So far, I have lost 38 pounds just in eating healthy, exercising, and eating before 7 - 8PM. It has been harder this time around, but the results have been worth it!

I would love to find friends here who have similar goals as me and are looking to motivate each other while sharing ideas. I have well over 100 pounds to lose, but my first big goal is to reach 200 pounds. Would love to support others and help us all reach our goals and start a healthier lifestyle!

Replies

• mrspenton2009
    mrspenton2009 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Hi ladybug!!

Just sent you a friend request...we can do this!!!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • smurfette75
    smurfette75 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on making the commitment. I'm in Baltimore County. Feel free to add me as a friend. We can all use encouragement and support.
  • Carmendu
    Carmendu Posts: 409
    Options
    Great to have you on "board". Feel free to friend me if you like. I know that we can do this. :happy:
  • kngarber
    kngarber Posts: 227
    Options
    I just sent you a request. :)
  • MiaPM
    MiaPM Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome, I would love to support you in any way I can. I have about 125 pounds to lose. I live in Clinton, MD...feel free to add me as a friend and we will get through this together.
  • sherismb
    sherismb Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Add me as a friend, we can support each other!! Welcome back!!
  • RobinRenee83
    RobinRenee83 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm working my way to requesting most of you!! So glad to know there are others out there who are in the same boat as me!
  • BrowneJen
    BrowneJen Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    You sound like a really nice person...and I'm looking for a few friends to help me along too. I only need to lose maybe 30 lbs. (195 weight now) but it might as well be 100! I need to know what everybody is eating??
  • Monica_has_a_goal
    Monica_has_a_goal Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    100+ pounds to lose here too. Add me if you'd like :flowerforyou:
  • Choclat_Pearl
    Choclat_Pearl Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    1st Congrats on ur 38lb lost. I have quite a bit to lose also So, I got ur back gurl. I started my journey on June 30th @ 238lbs (eek) my goal is 165lbs.
  • coachpzizzle
    coachpzizzle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hey there. I've been using the MFP mobile app and it's been really great. I've lost 15 lbs since beginning of July. I'm excited to join the community. Feel free to add me :) I have no "friends" here yet!
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!! :happy:
  • riley711
    riley711 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    Sending you a friend request!! :happy:

We have the same goals!! I would like to hit 200 by the end of this year actually, and start 2012 in onederland!!!:happy:
  • Bunnyfufu87
    Options
    I have 205 to lose It is a struggle because its such a big number to think about. But we need to take one day at a time.