Night time eating

Options
I know most of you are going to say it doesn’t matter. I eat my largest meal at night, always healthy, generally just protein and veggies, maybe a sweet potato now and then. It’s just when I’m hungry and fits my schedule. Is it hindering weight loss?

Replies

• lalalacroix
    lalalacroix Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Not at all. As long as you eat in a deficit you will lose weight. Lots of us, me included, sleep better with food in our bellies. And here's a shocker, even an unhealthy late night meal won't make you gain if you are in a deficit.
  • simmoner4
    simmoner4 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I get very hungry at night. Tonight I had a 325 cal caramel brownie with my dinner of pork and ramen. It fits into my goals though it’s “unhealthy” and I’m still losing weight🤷🏻‍♀️ enjoy your night time meal whatever it may be!
  • biggs097
    biggs097 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Both an innocent, free range brownie, and a pig has perished to make your dinner!

“Protect our brownies from murder”
  • JBanx256
    JBanx256 Posts: 1,477 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're all good! I work rotating shifts so completely bizarre (by "normal people" standards) eating pattern is also what fits my schedule. I ate my last meal at about 11:15pm and I'll eat my next meal at around 4am, then a pre-bedtime shake at about 7am. On Monday, I rotate back to day shift so all of my current meal times will go out the window (I'll keep overall number of daily meals (5-6), overall calories, and macros consistent).

You'll lose weight when in a calorie deficit, regardless of what the clock says.
  • Squish815
    Squish815 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Nope! I often have a snack an hour or so before bed if I'm hungry. If I ignore the hunger and go to bed, my sleep will be disturbed because of that hunger! I've still lost 40ish lbs and have managed to maintain my weight for 3 years .
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I have not been hindered by having both dinner and second dinner #hobbitlyfe