How long did it take you?

Options
2»

Replies

• no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    It took me about a year to go from 144 to 119. With the exception of a recent 3 pound weight gain, which I’m actively working to lose, I have kept it all off.
    I mostly did it through calorie counting. I’m 5’6, so I didn’t technically have to lose weight, but I was at the high end of a safe BMI and I didn’t want to tip into an overweight BMI. There’s a lot of cardiovascular issues on both sides of my family and I ate a lot of fast food and big restaurant meals as a kid. Because I was a very busy and active kid, I was never fat or even slightly overweight in spite of eating that way, but I think of all the saturated fat that I consumed and it makes me wince. So I’m trying to avoid a grim cardiac fate every which way I possibly can. And that included losing weight.
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Started August 2018, have lost 81 pounds since (18.6 since joining MFP)! Just 23 more to go and then I can start bulking 😭. (Or after May 6, if I’m satisfied with results).
  • csplatt
    csplatt Posts: 1,021 Member
    Options
    36 years old, down from 153 to 134ish since mid-december. i'm about done. i ate 1200 for a while, then upped to 1350.