Same weight the next day?

Options
I’ve been weighing myself everyday for the past 12 days, now I know that’s the last thing a person should do since the scale does drive a person mad. Personally, it doesn’t for me, this is my last week thought where I’ll stop weighing daily and I’ll start doing it weekly. But, yesterday I weighed 358.6, and today I weigh 358.6, I know about the fluctuations, many of the factors. I was just wondering if a person my size will still be the same weight the next day and not lose not even . Pounds. Just wondering? Been eating clean as well and drinking a gallon a day.

Replies

• kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,012 Member
    Options
    Home digital scales are also a little finicky. If yesterday you were 358.6 and today you're 358.5 and tomorrow you're 358.7, it might say 358.6 all three days. Daily weigh ins should just be seen as raw data, that overtime will show you a trend, not anything you can make useful judgements from.

If you get the exact same weight several days in a row, try stepping on the scale once holding something heavy, sometimes digital scales get stuck in a rut for some reason. And if it continues, you might need new batteries. But 2 or 3 days in a row can certainly happen!
  • JohnDaConqueror
    JohnDaConqueror Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not discouraged at all, was just wondering if it isnormal
  • Dreamwa1ker
    Dreamwa1ker Posts: 196 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I have weeks where I'll be same weight a couple days in a row and then it will move up or down the next day. It happens.

If daily weighing doesn't drive you crazy (it personally doesn't for me either) then why not keep weighing every day - you'll get more data points. What I find most satisfying is looking at something that will plot a trendline over that. My scale syncs to both Fitbit and Myfitnesspal, and on fitbit you can see this nice trendline:

uhyizg4y5vj8.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,440 Member
    Options
    Another vote for daily weighing. I like the data feedback. Once in awhile I'll get the same number a couple days in a row. Nothing I worry about.
  • Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    Heck, i've had days were i put ON 2 lbs (water weight). but yes there are string of days at the same weight and weights i will keep "coming back to" over a week or so.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I'm not discouraged at all, was just wondering if it isnormal

Yes it is
  • lin_be
    lin_be Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    Yes, going on day 4 of being at the same weight. Grrr