Disasterous Weekend

Options
:frown: okay im getting totally stressed, this past weekend when i went to AR (my hubby gma passed away) my body totally went into starvation mode (only ate 1x a day the first day and then pigged out the next because i hadn't eaten all day again) and then i came home on sunday and was too tired to think straight andtotally didnt eat right.. so now im sitting here eating right (thinking its water weight i gained) and exercising and yet the scale is going up not down..please tell me it will eventually be back to what it was before this past weekend and that im just crazy or am i truly starting over..ugh

Replies

• vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Just give it a few days to even out. Eat right and drink that water. You will be back on track in no time. That wasn't enough time to do any serious damage anyway.
  • ahizzel
    ahizzel Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I did the exact same thing this weekend. We had company and it was just too hard to stay away from all of the yummy food. The scale says I put 5 lbs back on. I'm so depressed, I feel like i'm starting all over tomorrow morning.
  • MsCandyLynn
    Options
    I did the exact same thing this weekend. We had company and it was just too hard to stay away from all of the yummy food. The scale says I put 5 lbs back on. I'm so depressed, I feel like i'm starting all over tomorrow morning.

Mine is 5lbs also..it tooks me 2 1/2 weeks to lose 5 and its like it took 2 1/2 day to put it back on
  • dayzeerock
    dayzeerock Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    1. Your body does not go into "starvation mode" after less than a day of not eating or low cals on one day. It takes days of underreating for your body to start seeing symptoms of this.
    2. You got this. We all have days, weeks, months of poor food and exercise choices. Nobody is perfect. The awesome thing is though, is you get the opportunity to start fresh with every meal you have. So you had a bad weekend. Big deal! It's done and over with, so don't beat yourself up, start fresh with your next meal, and remember that you can do it!
  • Lolyballs
    Lolyballs Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Believe in yourself. Keep eating right and moving forward. Don't look back! You've come so far and this little slip is not going to take it all away. Keep your eye on the prize... you will get there.
  • brookiefbabyy
    Options
    I think this is a great example of why its not good to weigh yourself too often. If you weigh once or twice a week, you wont constantly be freaking out about gaining and losing, and the stress is unnecessary because we all know this is how our bodies work! I agree, give it a few days and stay confident! :)
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    We had a death in the family also and although I didn't go over on calories, I tripled my Sodium intake, which for me is HUGE NO NO!