Question??

Options
I walk my pups 4x's a day about 15min each. Can I just log that as moderate walking dog, 60min?

Replies

• em1976
    em1976 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I do,I walk mine for 30 and log it as moderate walking dog.I try to speed up at some points so I feel ive done enough to log the speed as ive no idea if im going fast enough usually;)
  • Good2be
    Good2be Posts: 5
    Options
    But of course! Why not? That's one of the reasons I let my son talk me into getting a dog...for the exercise. :wink:

Good job on getting in 60 minutes a day!
  • stacieroxursox
    Options
    You can find out how far you are walking by using a pedometer, and then by timing yourself you can figure out what your pace is. Then you know what speed to put in when your logging your 60 minute walk. : )
  • RanayeG
    RanayeG Posts: 12
    Options
    That's the way I do it. I don't walk a dog, but I have a 15 minute walk to & from the parking lot to my work. There is a shuttle, but I choose to get to work early enough to walk it briskly. I log 30 minutes of walking every day, plus anything more I do.
  • Ireshgurl
    Ireshgurl Posts: 559
    Options
    Of course you can!!! It's excersise isn't it!!! Also, if you have a smart phone, you can find a TON of apps that will also track your walk, the speed, and even a rough estimate of calories you burn. I use Nike+GPS. It shows me everthing i just stated to you. Keep up the good work!!
  • koluvsmusic
    Options
    Yep you can! :happy: That's a great exercise.