Protein shake

Options
Can anyone recommend a good protein shake? 😕

Replies

• Johnd2000
    Johnd2000 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    My Protein’s Salted Caramel is hitting the spot for me at the moment.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Options
    I like Lite protein Vanilla Cupcake or Designer Whey chocolate.

For plant protein, I drink Orgain chocolate.
  • lemurcat2
    lemurcat2 Posts: 7,885 Member
    Options
    You can usually pick up a variety of different single serving packets at a grocery or health food store. I'd try them and see which ones you like, as people's tastes are different. I always go with powder if I use it since then I can add my own ingredients (I prefer a few vanilla types and plain).
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,973 Member
    Options
    I'm too cheap to pay for premade shakes. I settled on one plain and one chocolate type of protein powder and add carbs, fat, and fiber.
  • magnusthenerd
    magnusthenerd Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    kshama2001 wrote: »
    I'm too cheap to pay for premade shakes. I settled on one plain and one chocolate type of protein powder and add carbs, fat, and fiber.

Probably safer too. My recollection is that the worst ratings for contaminants like heavy metals come from pre-made shake brands.
  • leanjogreen18
    leanjogreen18 Posts: 2,492 Member
    Options
    De Novo has White Cake and Salted Caramel that are delicious. Free shipping too.
  • Pickle107
    Pickle107 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I like Precision Engineered Whey Protein Cookies and Cream.
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Optimum Nutrition is good. I am using Combat right now because Costco had a decent sale.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    I like ghost cereal milk flavour
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I don't care for the pre-made ones. I buy powder and mix them up on my own. Currently, I like Dymatize, Quest, and Women's Best. Chocolate is always a fav and Quest makes both a peanut butter and a banana protein powder. love me some chocolate/banana or chocolate/peanut butter combo.
  • Melmomof3
    Melmomof3 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I use Olly Protein and Amazing Grass Protein Superfood. I make a smoothie daily using one of these, banana, almond milk & ice.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    What? Am I the only person who drinks Premier Protein from Costco? The caramel are really good, but not always available. I buy them when they're on sale because they're expensive, but worth it when I need to grab something quick.
  • susabellle
    susabellle Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Although I havent even thought of making and/or drinking a protein shake (but Im ABSOLUTELY going to have one tomorrow!) lol The one I loved when I was on low carbing was: 8 - 10 ice cubes, 1 egg and 2 egg whites if counting calories (I used liquid egg whites), 3 whole eggs if you need fat and more protein. Add about a 1/2 to 3/4 cup of real whipping cream, which is a no no for me now ,so I will use unsweetened almond milk, a shot of good vanilla, sweetener to taste (optional cocoa powder). If you add the cocoa powder, I have found just a pinch of salt brings out the amazing chocolate flavor. This makes a pretty big frozen "milk shake" and its delicious . The raw eggs may throw you off but trust me, it IS amazing!
  • Chines03
    Chines03 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    NCK96 wrote: »
    What? Am I the only person who drinks Premier Protein from Costco? The caramel are really good, but not always available. I buy them when they're on sale because they're expensive, but worth it when I need to grab something quick.

Nope, I drink them also. I love the caramel, banana. and chocolate ones. I buy them when they are on sale at Sam's Club. Makes them a little over $1 per drink with 30 grams of carbs.
  • NCK96
    NCK96 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Chines03 wrote: »
    NCK96 wrote: »

Nope, I drink them also. I love the caramel, banana. and chocolate ones. I buy them when they are on sale at Sam's Club. Makes them a little over $1 per drink with 30 grams of carbs.

I actually got a Sam's Club membership earlier this month specifically because I saw the Premier Protein shakes were on sale there, and they weren't at Costco. They basically had a rebate for the membership cost so it ended up being free. My husband had oral surgery recently and we convinced him to try the shakes when he was starving, and now he's hooked too, so between myself, my husband, my teenage boys, and all the random teenage friends that show up here we go through a ton of them.
  • JaneAero
    JaneAero Posts: 94 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I carry a 250ml bottle of ready made protein shake with me everyday in my handbag.
    If I'm out and about and feel peckish or thirsty I keep sipping away.
    It helps me not to buy snacks or sweets when I'm out near shops and very few calories compared to say a chocolate bar or a bag of crisps