Newbie needing some advice

Options
Hi Everyone,
Hoping you can all help me. I have lost just over 4 stone with slimming world in the UK however this has taken a long time averaging about half a pound a week. I feel great however with slimming world I loose very slowly and desperately want to increase my weekly losses to around 2-3lbs. I have around 7 more stone to loose. I have joined the gym and am starting there tomorrow but need some advise about the best exercise to boost weight loss and what should I be eating? On slimming world I think part of the reason for smaller losses was I embraced the free food too much and my portions where too big. I love all food - not fussy and particularly love all vegetables. I'm 6ft tall and currently weigh 336lbs.
Thanks for any help you can give me xx

Replies

• MyCatsAreMyBabies
    MyCatsAreMyBabies Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hey.... I'm not great with advice lol but wanted to say a big well done for your loss so far! I lost by sticking to my calories, doing cardio and drinking *kitten* loads of water.... Eating back your exercise calories, IMO, is ok when you need a bit extra :)
  • drivingahead
    drivingahead Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Thanks hun. How many calories a day do you stick to and what foods do you find fill you up the most? x
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi Everyone,
    Hoping you can all help me. I have lost just over 4 stone with slimming world in the UK however this has taken a long time averaging about half a pound a week. I feel great however with slimming world I loose very slowly and desperately want to increase my weekly losses to around 2-3lbs. I have around 7 more stone to loose. I have joined the gym and am starting there tomorrow but need some advise about the best exercise to boost weight loss and what should I be eating? On slimming world I think part of the reason for smaller losses was I embraced the free food too much and my portions where too big. I love all food - not fussy and particularly love all vegetables. I'm 6ft tall and currently weigh 336lbs.
    Thanks for any help you can give me xx

If you keep eating the same amount, but add in extra exercise, you will start to lose quicker as you're creating a larger deficit.

Or put your stats into MFP and use that?
  • wolftrucking08
    wolftrucking08 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I dropped 60+ lbs / 22+ kilos in three months, along with capping my daily calories to 2000 Cal / 8368 kj. I did the following.

1) Get with your physician and discuss any medical issues with him /her especially if you have other medical issues. I also recommend you have a dietician that is not stuck on the standardized diet assist you. They will help you understand how food works. A weight loss or diabetic support group will help with the changes and challenges you will face.

2) Abandon the "Standard diet plan" adopted by most countries In the US its called My Plate but regardless of what its called in your country 60% of your intake is carbohydrates in the form of grains and fruits.

2) Loose the carbs and sugars; instead focus on a diet of leaner meat and green vegetables. This means no bread and grain products, no pasta, no alcohol, no fruit, no junk food no fast food, no processed foods, no sugar, no candy, no soda even diet soda should be out for the first month.
    You will experience a form of detox and carbohydrate withdraw for the first couple weeks but it will pay major dividends if you push through it. A couple pieces per day of hard sugar free candy will help with the cravings but even they should only be eaten very sparingly.

3) MEASURE AND WEIGH EVERYTHING YOU EAT. Use actual measuring spoons, measuring cups, and a scale. Don't just estimate it or use table ware accuracy and discipline from the start is important.

4) Pack and take enough high protein food and snacks for the day when you leave home If you eat out ask if you can order a double portion of vegetables in place of the starch. Nuts are an excellent choice as long as you don't have a nut allergy.

5) AVOID SOY!!!! Soy contains a ton of estrogen LOOSE THE NONSTICK COOKWARE use cast iron or stainless steel, Use glass instead of paper or plastic dishes. Just like soy plastics release chemicals shat mimic estrogen and will stop fat burning in its tracks.

6) Smaller Plates.
    Pack away or donate the full size 10-12 inch 30 cm dinner plates and replace them with 8-9 inch 20 cm lunch / desert plates. with proper portion sizes you wont notice the difference.

7) Discipline your eating habits.
    Eat 3 approx 500 calorie meals and 2- 3 small 100 calorie snacks per day.
    Avoid eating while standing, in a rush, in front of the television. learn to eat slowly a meal should take between 25 and 30 min to eat. Pay attention to your body if you feel full stop eating. Also if you can reduce the lighting not dark but so you can focus on the flavors and filling factors when you eat. Learn how to properly season and combine different foods.

Feel free to PM me I would be happy to help.
    Good luck.
    Bob