Binge help

Options
For the last 2 days I've over eaten carbs and sugar and feel bloated and uncomfortable. It started yesterday when I was tired, I think I turned to food for energy. I ate 3800 calories when my goal is 1600. Then because I was full and uncomfortable I didn't sleep properly and have over eaten again today.

How do I break the cycle tomorrow? I've got a night out planned and don't want to be a bloated mess.

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    Start back on your normal diet, don't try to make up for the extra calories. It's not that much in the long run. You'd have to go 3,500 over MAINTENANCE (500 more than your goal if you set it to lose 1lb. per week) to even gain a pound. Drink lots of water, that will help with the bloating, as a lot of the bloating comes from water retention via salt intake, so more water should "flush" it out.
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    I did this on Monday. I felt like absolute SHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!! I basically had to force myself to eat healthy the next day and not at a huge deficit. I got back on track on Tuesday. I still feel a little bloated but its better than it was. Good luck
  • sassypandabear
    sassypandabear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Fflpnari wrote: »
    I did this on Monday. I felt like absolute SHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!! I basically had to force myself to eat healthy the next day and not at a huge deficit. I got back on track on Tuesday. I still feel a little bloated but its better than it was. Good luck

that's so great that you able to eat healthily after and not make a huge deficit! I understand that that can be so hard after a binge. :s:)
  • sassypandabear
    sassypandabear Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    RelCanonical is so right!
  • whatalazyidiot
    whatalazyidiot Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    When that happens to me, I usually have to lower my deficit. I either adjust it to maintenance for a few days, or between 0.5 and 1 lbs to lose a week, instead of 2. Usually if I can go a week or longer with slightly more calories, but still tracking my food, it's easier to get back into the rhythm.
  • goo927
    goo927 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I too am a binge eater, I plan ,I prep food & I still fall into the same trap!! It is so frustrating!!!! It is comforting to know I’m not the only one who does this! Need help and motivation!!
  • jasmine_belle
    jasmine_belle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your support. I'm going to eat at maintenance for the weekend and drink lots of water.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Oh I’ve done this many many times, especially when I’m tired, stressed or on my period. I take digestive tablets to help with any bloating and water retention tablets, drink loads of water and eat regularly, even when I’m not hungry so I’m less likely to binge later on.