I think my Apple Watch is making this harder for me...

Options
So... I am trying to figure this out. When I put myself as lightly active I get 1400 calories. When I say I am active I get 1650. I always get 10,000 steps ASIDE from exercise. When I use my total calories on my phone I don't get 250 extra as these numbers suggest I do. I even upped my steps to 12,000 a day and still don't get 250. The problem I have with adding the amount I do get to my lightly active setting is I won't know until the day is over . Also, I take my watch off when I shower and go to bed. Would that change my numbers? I want to use my tracker but it seems to be making things more complicated for me.

Replies

• Stellamom2018
    Stellamom2018 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I do not have my watch synced with mfp because I dislike not having a set number. How long have you had your watch? I picked my activity level as active based on my typical number of steps without exercise. I then manually add half of what my watch says I burn during intentional exercise. Pick your setting and follow it for at least 4 weeks, see how much you lost and adjust numbers from there.
  • Talan79
    Talan79 Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    There is another thread, I think page 3, about Apple Watch. I tried to copy the link but I can’t from my phone. Seems like others have issues with Apple Watch & MFP.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Apple Watch and MFP do not play nice with each other.

Apple doesn’t send MFP the correct information for the adjustment to work correctly.

You can see what your watch is estimating your TDEE to be by going to the Activity app on your phone. If you swipe left on the Move section it will tell you your current active calories and your current total calories (the total only includes calories burned between midnight and the time you check). You can also open the Health app and add together your previous weeks avg resting and avg active calories to come up with the previous weeks avg TDEE.