Postpartum Moms: How do you get it back?

Options
Well hello to many of my MFP and new moms and vested moms! Need some feedback and suggestions. I gained a solid 40 lbs after my 5 month old---i am loving my curves...but its time to lean up. Any suggestions on fitting it in...what can i do to get this ship to sail?

Replies

• SmithsonianEmpress
    SmithsonianEmpress Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Nutrition nutrition nutrition
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,952 Member
    Options
    Count calories, every day. And when you feel like it or get time, move around a bit. Consistently doing this daily over time will get you back where you want to be.

With a baby, naptime is the time to do a workout video. Or push the baby in a stroller for a walk, or use a carrier. Hopefully your kid naps. I have 4 kids, and the youngest never napped. I thought I was going to lose my mind. :confounded: Play time in a swing or playpen works too. If you have to pause the dang vid 3 times b/c baby needs something, that's alright. Well, it's annoying as hell but it's ok. :lol: Just do the best you can.
  • Hipnotika
    Hipnotika Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Patience patience patience, it took me about 9 months to lose 53 lbs i had gained during pregnancy (last child and my 3rd) i am now back to within normal weight range according to my height. I also watch what i eat, ingredients to me it’s a must also. I can almost say I’m on my comfortable shape however I’m still working on my skinny fat ☺️. Good luck 👍
  • o0kody0o
    o0kody0o Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Hi there

I had my first baby 4 months ago and was shocked to learn that I had gained around 30lbs or just a little over. I weighed myself at around 12 Weeks PP and was 184lbs. It was at that moment I decided to get rid of all the unhealthy foods/drinks from my diet. With a 4 month old I don’t really have any time to exercise but I did start walking more. I cut out the following from my diet;

Crisps
    Chocolate
    Takeaway/Fastfood
    Sugary drinks

I never used to eat a breakfast but I now have porridge/oatmeal every morning. I’ve switched from full sugar drinks to sugar free (these are probably still not good for me but I suppose it’s better than full sugar ones). I prepare meals in advance when my baby is sleeping and I log everything on MFP. One of my problems was portion control so I now use a smaller plate for my food. I rarely ate vegetables but I now have lots of veg with my meals. I also never used to look at the nutritional values of the food I ate but I do this now and it helps me a lot. I go for walks with the stroller/pram more often too. I started 4-5 weeks ago and have lost 16lbs so far, which takes me from 184lbs to 168lbs. It was probably mostly water weight at the beginning. I feel more energetic and happier. Good luck! Oh and congratulations on your little one 😊