Getting back at it!!! Need some motovating friends!

Options
Hi guys I fell off it a while and looking for some motivating friends to keep me coming back please add me :) I get depressed often and just need some support so I can keep clicking back in the app and see some happy smiling fun people. I’m 31 so it’s getting a little hard for me to lose the weight I want to so I HAVE to do it now before I get any older!! I love this app and it’s helped me before but all my friends have left me because it’s been a good 6 months since I’ve been active :( so please help to get me back in the groove :)

Replies

• cahubbard6421
    cahubbard6421 Posts: 769 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, we all hit a funk sometimes. It takes a family to pull you out of it.
  • chocolate1902
    chocolate1902 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You are not even close to an age where it is hard to lose weight. Trust me but you’re making a wise move to get your goals met and just stay with them from this day forward. They say ages just a number but I can tell you I was a very active person, fit as anybody you would meet, and when I hit upper 40s and into my 50s the real struggle began and the rules changed.It would’ve been wise of me to start disciplining at 31 years old for what was coming. I’ve got it under control and I know you will too so get to it and stay at it day in and day out and don’t look behind you and don’t look to far ahead because the past doesn’t matter and there are flowers to miss along the journey if your staring at a mountain!
  • babyblueskie
    babyblueskie Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiring words. It’s definitely not as easy as it was when I was 15 to lose weight haha but I get what your saying :) I will keep trying
  • New_me_19
    New_me_19 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    welcome back :) im 31 also and was the same came back on and off but June last year i finally managed to get my mindset and started doing it stayed consistent since. i will add u as a friend :) good luck on your journey
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    That’s great! Thanks for the add! I’m so glad you finally found your groove! :).
  • mrsmariehill13
    mrsmariehill13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Same here!! I need friends to keep me motivated and making the right decisions
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    I’ve sent a request mrsmarie :)
  • TravisJHunt
    TravisJHunt Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add and good luck!
  • no1elseislikeme
    no1elseislikeme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You’re welcome to add me!
  • revenge_b0dy
    revenge_b0dy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to accept friend requests - I'll take all the motivation I can get! :)
  • lilmisfit1987
    lilmisfit1987 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 31 and I restarted my journey last Thursday. Happy to say my first week went great andnI lost 3lbs. I still have 120lbs to lose though. I made it half way before I got derailed last time.

What are you doing differently this time to combat whatever derailed you last time? Last time I derailed because I started nursing school and felt like I had no time to cook or exercise. To combat this I've started meal prepping on my days off work so work days are reheat days. I'm also using my husband's bench and free weights to workout in the basment so I don't have to worry about making it to the gym. As soon as the kids go to bed it's work out time!
  • Rkbals
    Rkbals Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Please add me! I am doing pretty well with daytime eating habits and then totally derail from dinner on. Lately, I have also been derailed by illness as well. I’ve never really used the Community section of MFP even though I’ve logged for years. Hoping to benefit from a group/team approach. I could use and am willing to give encouragement!

I like the idea of meal prepping though I’ve never been super disciplined at it. I also plan on using my husband’s bench in the basement. Just need to make sure I don’t make a detour toward the couch (that’s near it) before I make it to the bench. Lol!!
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    Feel free to add and good luck!

Sent a request :)
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    You’re welcome to add me!

I’ve added you thanks for the support
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    I'm happy to accept friend requests - I'll take all the motivation I can get! :)

I’ve added you too :)
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    Hi! I'm also 31 and I restarted my journey last Thursday. Happy to say my first week went great andnI lost 3lbs. I still have 120lbs to lose though. I made it half way before I got derailed last time.

What are you doing differently this time to combat whatever derailed you last time? Last time I derailed because I started nursing school and felt like I had no time to cook or exercise. To combat this I've started meal prepping on my days off work so work days are reheat days. I'm also using my husband's bench and free weights to workout in the basment so I don't have to worry about making it to the gym. As soon as the kids go to bed it's work out time!

I’ve added you too. I guess I’ve started meal prepping a little too. And I’ve gone back to intermittent fasting. But I’m a big time snacker so we’ve started to measure out the serving size or 100 calorie bags so I can grab them and it’s easy instead of measuring every time I need a snack on the go or grab the bag and “figure it in my head” because I will probably eat the whole bag on a bad day lol.
  • babyblueskie
    Options
    Rkbals wrote: »
    Please add me! I am doing pretty well with daytime eating habits and then totally derail from dinner on. Lately, I have also been derailed by illness as well. I’ve never really used the Community section of MFP even though I’ve logged for years. Hoping to benefit from a group/team approach. I could use and am willing to give encouragement!

I like the idea of meal prepping though I’ve never been super disciplined at it. I also plan on using my husband’s bench in the basement. Just need to make sure I don’t make a detour toward the couch (that’s near it) before I make it to the bench. Lol!!

Totally understand that. I am a late night snacker and my husband doesn’t help we want to sit and relax and just binge snack and watch some Netflix. But this time my husband is also doing it with me and we’re cutting out the late night snacking. I wish you all the luck. After the first week off cutting out the late night snacks it does get a little easier. :)
  • KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat! I'm 29, was here back in the late summer/fall, was doing really well and had some support. Then I fell off the wagon, and have been inactive for about 5 months. Unfortunately in the 5 months I gained 15 of the 25 pounds I lost back. I can't let myself do that again and need support! I'm looking to lose 100-130 pounds. Please feel free to add me so we can support each other! Also I definitely get the part about not losing weight as easily as you once did, although we are still pretty young, it's definitely noticeably harder than when I was in high school. I don't know how much of it is my body making it difficult, or more so the stressors of adult life. But either way we are in this together!
  • Rkbals
    Rkbals Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Netflix is another downfall!! My husband has a pretty severe back problem so he’s wanting me to binge watch with him. Previous to the back issue he was my motivation to stay fit because he was always so disciplined about his workouts. I’ve found it difficult going solo. Maybe we can all encourage each other so we stick with it!

I’ve had a pretty good day staying within my calories but hard to find time to workout. Have had a lot of errands to catch up on from the busy work week!
  • blackcatfitness
    blackcatfitness Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!