Keto question

Options
Hi! Newbie here....I’m interested in starting keto and have been researching it. I’ve implemented it a bit this week as well. My question is how do I know what % of macros to eat for my size? I’m 43 181 lbs 5’0 and semi active. I’ve done the free ones online but the % don’t coincide with MFP. Lol...🤪

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Losing weight is about how many calories you intake. Does fat help you with satiety?
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 9,988 Member
    Options
    Hi! Newbie here....I’m interested in starting keto and have been researching it. I’ve implemented it a bit this week as well. My question is how do I know what % of macros to eat for my size? I’m 43 181 lbs 5’0 and semi active. I’ve done the free ones online but the % don’t coincide with MFP. Lol...🤪

MFP's default macro percentages aren't set up for keto.
  • jillrjohnston1974
    jillrjohnston1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Ok...thanks👍
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @jillrjohnston1974 while Keto is optional after 4.5 years I am still Keto for health reasons but I to not track anything daily other than weight and overnight (6-10 hours) of urine output to monitor my hydration status (2 pounds overnight means I am drinking enough water). The key requirement for Keto is to keep your carbs under 50 grams daily. Protein is the 70-100 gram range daily with the fats making up the different. Again macros is something you can figure out over time but there is no way most of us can do Keto if we eat much over 50 grams of carbs daily. Best of success.
  • KetoZandra
    KetoZandra Posts: 132 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Jill, go to this link to get your macro.
    Also there is a keto mfp group so you can ask us direct questions.

To change your mfp food settings to keto.

1) go to "my home",then click on "settings", next page click on "diary settings". Then make the drop down have "carbs", "fat", "protein" Salt" then save.

2) go to "my home", then click on "goals". The next page will give you the option to change your food setting to your personal keto macro (calories, fat, carbs, protein) then save.
  • albertaro
    albertaro Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You can change the mpf default macros. Find a keto calculator website that allows you to put in your height and weight. You can find new macros that will give you the correct percent of macros.
  • jillrjohnston1974
    jillrjohnston1974 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Appreciate it! Thanks
  • Lisalovelyone
    Lisalovelyone Posts: 5 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    Hi I’m also new myself but have been researching this whole KETO life style. On YouTube there is a great couple who is not only funny but have great information. Watch KETO connect on YouTube ! Plus what I’ve been following is
    10% carb
    70% fat
    20% protien