Protein Powder

Options
I am looking for a good tasting protein powder that mixes together well, I do like atkins shakes because of low carbs, low sugar and high protein. I was looking for something that might be close to Atkins.

Replies

• evastria
    evastria Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I use Pure Series Bulk Powder in vanilla, mainly because its the cheapest on amazon. I have no complaints but its the first one I've tried so I'm probably not the most discerning
  • lozenger1984
    lozenger1984 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I like PhD diet whey as they aren’t as sweet as a lot (all I can taste is the excessive sweetener in some)
  • Berniebutt773
    Berniebutt773 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Vega whey is decent. My favorite is isagenix strawberry
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    I like PreScience, but they are very sweet (I have a sweet tooth). They mix well with water and taste awesome (as long as you like sweet). Only 1 gram of carbs.
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I will look into all the ideas! Thank you!
  • Tammiann1961
    Tammiann1961 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Anyone else have any more ideas? I'm still searching for ideas!
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    Isopure Zero Carb sounds like it would meet your needs. I don’t use it regularly because I don’t need to restrict carbs, but I tried it once and I liked it.

Another option is to buy unflavored protein powder of your choice (whey, pea, etc.) and mix it with whatever you want.

I currently use Optimum Gold Standard whey. It has 3 grams of carbs per 24 grams of protein.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,952 Member
    Options
    Biochem Ultimate 100 % Whey protein, Natural has no sweetener whatsoever.

Ingredients: Whey protein isolate, Natural French vanilla flavor, sunflower lecithin, xanthan gum.

(The Vanilla option does have some sugar, and to me a rather overpowering amount of vanilla. Natural is lightly vanilla.)
  • snowprincess502
    snowprincess502 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I use Pro7ein Synthesis. It has 2 grams of carbs and 34 grams of protein.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,395 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Another vote for PEScience. Love them so far.
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I love Quest for low cal, 0 net carb ( 3g fiber), and a great chocolate flavor.

I also have vanilla Isopure. 1 scoop 25g protein and 0 sugar or carb. 100 calories. I do mix on psyllium husk in it for fiber and sone berries.