Waist measurments

Options
D446
D446 Posts: 266 Member
Hello,

Do most of you go by your measurements or the scale?

I am definitely looking to bring the scale number down, but I am more interested in having good measurements!

I am approximately 36" 32" 42"

I am hoping that I will bring down my waist measurement by 6 ".. I still want to keep my curves though!

Did you find that your waist measurements did not come down that much?

Thanks!

Replies

• goblue443
    Options
    if you exercise you might see your waist measurements come down more than you would think from how much weight you are losing. as you are building muscle, it's more dense. so it takes up less space, making your waist smaller and more defined, but weighs more, so your numbers might not go down.

and i agree, its not about the numbers on the scale, it's about how you look! no one other than you sees the number everyday. but everyone sees what you actually look like.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Yeah, you might want to measure in cm because numbers drop a lot faster! Just a suggestion.

Yeah my measurements have changed quite a bit with only 10 lb lost, it's fun to see!
  • Maiven
    Maiven Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!

Try not to listen to the scale, it can sometimes hinder your progress and do more harm than help. Try to focus on how your clothes are fitting you, and definitely try and take measurements on occasion ((neck, bust, waist, hips, thighs)). Don't forget that some areas are specifically harder to lose than others, but most of all don't give up!

After all the weight loss programs and diets I've been on this site has been the most helpful and organized way for me to track my input and output. Just stick to it and stay focused to your goal. There are days that can be rather challenging, but its all worth it in the end!!!

Good luck!!!
  • Fitandsexy_fe
    Fitandsexy_fe Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I decided to go by my waist measurement rather then what was on the scale. I am currently a 32 in the waist and would be happy at a 30.
  • MJStory
    MJStory Posts: 42
    Options
    You need to see the complete picture, so do you weigh-in every week, and take measurements at least every month. If your weight isn't budging and you've been faithful to your regime, you may see a progression to smaller numbers on the tape. But if neither budges in a month, you need to change something to move you off that mark. A change-up in exercise plan might do it, &/or check calories consumed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!