Looking for low calorie lunches

Options
82EC
82EC Posts: 123 Member
I currently eat 170g of Greek yoghurt and 125g of blueberries, strawberries or raspberries for lunch - it adds up to less than 200 calories. But I’m getting a bit sick of eating the same thing every day. Looking for alternative ideas for lunch (need to be able to take to work) at around this calorie level. Any ideas?

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I usually take salad or soup. My soup is home made, usually onion, cabbage, carrots, and zucchini (and whatever I have in the fridge) and a can of chicken. This will last me about 4 days. Salad can be any greens, even iceberg lettuce and cabbage, and whatever other veggies you have and like. Pickled veggies are also good on salad. Top with protein (lunch meat, tuna, cottage cheese, etc).
  • cjac524
    cjac524 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I find making a sandwich the easiest thing for work.
  • obeaner2
    obeaner2 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Canned tuna with sauteed greens.
  • RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    Options
    I've been throwing around my egg salad sandwich a bit recently. You can eat with or without bread, though I usually use low-calorie bread. With 35-calorie a slice bread, this comes out to about 250 calories.

2 large eggs, hardboiled
    6g mayo or miracle whip
    5g mustard
    5g of a mixer (usually pureed chiles con adobo, horseradish sauce, taco sauce. You can use whatever you want)
    Pepper, cumin, red pepper flakes, or other seasoning to taste.

Mix the mayo with the yolks first for a creamier texture, then add the remaining dressings.
  • kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Check out Skinnytaste.com. There are hundreds of quick easy lunches. Use your imagination. Leftovers are great too.
  • zeejane03
    zeejane03 Posts: 993 Member
    Options
    Large salads with beans or shrimp added (you can mix everything together at home and then put in a container for work.
  • kali31337
    kali31337 Posts: 1,048 Member
    Options
    http://therealfoodrds.com/buffalo-chicken-stuffed-spaghetti-squash/

Made this for the week. If you add the buffalo sauce and not the ranch it comes out to under 300 calories for 4 days and it makes A LOT. So if you portion it out to 5 days worth you can totally add the ranch and still stay under 300 calories
  • CharlieCharlie007
    CharlieCharlie007 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    1 scoop combat protein
    Half scoop Carbion power

100g of low fat turkey
    Two slices brown bread
    Pepper
    12 almonds

174g 0% fat Greek yogurt
    30g nature granola
    12 almonds

50g jarlesberg light cheese
    Two apples
    Cup of carrots
    12 almonds

each meal is perfectly balanced and under 300 cals.
  • funjen1972
    funjen1972 Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Low carb wrap 50 cals
    3 oz chicken breast 100 cals
    Light laughing cow, FF cream cheese or smear of hummus 25 cals
    Fresh veggies

1/2 cup (dry) Plain old fashioned Oatmeal with artificial sweetener of choice 150 cals
    Pb2, fruit, choc chips, etc 50 cals

Many prepared clear broth soups are under 200 cals for the entire can. I prefer Progresso light.

I often do a big bowl of cooked veggies (dry roasted, steamed or a bag of frozen) sprinkled with parmesan or powdered popcorn seasoning (only about 10 cals per teaspoon).

Medium baked potato 130- 160 calories
    Steamed onions and peppers, light laughing cow jalapeno cheese, taco seasoning, dollop of Greek yogurt, etc...

Veggies cooked with 'fake-iyaki' sauce (homemade teriyaki with 0 calorie sweetener), protein of choice

**You should also check out the volume eaters thread on here. I'm on my phone so it's difficult to link.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I eat around 9.5 oz of chopped veggies (trader joe's chopped 8 veggie salad - 85 calories) plus 3 oz of their "Just turkey" (100 calories) for 185 calories. I add raw ACV and various Penzys spice blends (they are filler and sugar free) to change the taste to keep it from getting boring. Here is a link to a DIY approximation: https://www.brit.co/copycat-trader-joes-8-veggie-mix/

Note: you make this up in bulk for the week and add salt and raw ACV to help keep it fresh. It begins to do some nice in the fridge fermenting after a few days and tastes wonderful.

Penzys' spice bends that I like are the Greek; Hot Curry; Chili 3000; Za'atar; Vindaloo; Pico Fruta (has sugar)...

So far, I have been eating this almost every week day and I haven't gotten tired of it.