Lost 60lbs in 6months

Options
I feel great. I have been able to stop using my inhalers and I can now walk up the 3flights of stairs (daily) to my college classes. I took the elevators 1/3 of the time the first semester and the after my weight loss I didn't take it at all. I have been able to exercise easier and longer also. I walk as much as I can no matter where I'm at, on campus, home, shopping. I know it was the little things that help me loose the weight and I know it's the life changes I made during and since that will help keep it off. Having the support of my husband and family made all the difference in the world this time around. Yes I have dieted before, but never lost this amount until this time. For all those that don't see a difference at 15 or 20 lbs. hang a picture side/by/side every 20lbs and you will see a difference. I went from a size16-18 to 12 and then now I'm at a 10 (comfortable). I went from xl tops to med. I didn't see it in the mirror and still don't always, but I look at the pictures of me before-during and after and I see it then.. That's what keeps me going.

Replies

• JessicaHRN
    Options
    Congrats! That is awesome!!! :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Super!! Don/t you love looking and feeling great!
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    congrats on losing this extra weight, you did great
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    Marvelous!

Now, how about some pix, eh?
  • PatMae
    PatMae Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Your story is encouraging. School and weight loss are hard to do together. Life style changes must have included some new planning skills to lose that must weight in that period of time.
  • bookworm_1213
    bookworm_1213 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    That's great! I know the difficulties of school and losing weight (having put on the weight the first 3 years and am now in the process of taking it off). Glad you have made the changes. Any pics?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!