Fat Strong guy to Fit Strong guy- Healthy weight to maintain?

Options
richardwinkl3r
richardwinkl3r Posts: 1 Member
edited March 2019 in Introduce Yourself
Thank you MFP members, your thoughts and insight have been invaluable to my success!

After years of weightlifting and poor diet, I broke my leg. By January of 2019 at 34yrs and 5-11, I found myself ballooned to 265lbs. A subsequent health scare rattled me to a point that a change was necessary.

I set a rough goal of 220lbs, and joined MFP.

As of March 2019, my weight is 231.4lbs.

Those 30lbs were lost in my kitchen. Specifically intermittent fasting (18-6ish), low carb and low sugar diet. Nothing crazy, basically a relatively normal clean diet and skipping breakfast.
Dropped the heavy weights for the moment with boxing & HIIT 6x per week.

Now, quickly approaching my initial 220lb goal, I am wondering what a healthy weight for me really is.

Ten years ago, I would have abdominal definition at 210lbs. I am cautious to label myself as a big guy, since I am not particularly tall and most folks think they are big guys until they loose some weight.
But after college sports and years of weightlifting, I am still very muscular underneath it all. Looking at a BMI chart, I will probably have great abs before moving out of the obese section.

My question is what considerations should one look at when determining the point to level out during weight loss?

Are there any folks with similar physiques that could lend there collective wisdom?

Myself at miserable 265lbs.

r0dmct4xup32.jpeg

On the left, at 238lbs.

u11rzxlvw1s3.jpeg

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I'm not male, nor your size, but I think the answer is "Get to 220 and see." Take a maintenance break, hang out at 220 awhile, and see if you want stay there or go lower.
  • Nfedewa9442
    Nfedewa9442 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I’m basically in the same boat, keep working hard. I have been looking for someone and found out there is no one built like you, so get there and see what you think. Good luck brother