Lunch time meals

emmoen
emmoen Posts: 218 Member
So I have been eating 4-5oz egg whites, cherry tomatoes and green grapes for my lunch but now in need for new ideas as I have started a new job and will not be able to eat my go-to meal.

Looking for easy meals 300-400 calories, higher in protein but not to picky about Macros... just calories!

Replies

• RelCanonical
    RelCanonical Posts: 3,882 Member
    My fav easy meal recently has been egg salad. I will eat with bread, tortilla, or out of the bowl. All delicious,

2 harboiled eggs
    7g mayo or miracle whip
    5g mustard
    5g puréed chiles con adobo (optional, sometimes I use horseradish or taco sauce instead)
    Pepper and red pepper flakes to taste (or cumin if I'm using taco sauce)

Pop out the yolks and mix with the mayo separately, then add the rest of the ingredients.
  • emmoen
    emmoen Posts: 218 Member
    My fav easy meal recently has been egg salad. I will eat with bread, tortilla, or out of the bowl. All delicious,

2 harboiled eggs
    7g mayo or miracle whip
    5g mustard
    5g puréed chiles con adobo (optional, sometimes I use horseradish or taco sauce instead)
    Pepper and red pepper flakes to taste (or cumin if I'm using taco sauce)

Pop out the yolks and mix with the mayo separately, then add the rest of the ingredients.

Thank you I didn't think about egg salad
  • wilson10102018
    wilson10102018 Posts: 1,306 Member
    4 oz smoked deli turkey, mustard, 1 cup driscoll blackberries, 1 oz parmigiano.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    How can you have some things but not others? What's the parameters?
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    How can you have some things but not others? What's the parameters?

This^

Are you looking for a brown bag type lunch (with a refrigerator). Is it a microwave you won't have?

Brown bag - Flat-Outs make great wraps. Deli meat, cheese, mustard & veggies. Tuna salad with veggies are good too. You can stuff tuna or chicken salad in a zucchini (or cucumber) boat.
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    edited March 2019
    Tuna salad is another good one. Subway sandwiches. Salad with protein on top.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Do you have access to a fridge? A microwave? Freezer?

Hard to answer otherwise.
  • whitneykt
    whitneykt Posts: 38 Member
    I like Tuna with mashed avocado vs mayo. Then I also add some pickle relish and salt. You can add cherry/grape tomatoes or tomato wedges.
  • Florida_Superstar
    Florida_Superstar Posts: 194 Member
    I sometimes eat a very similar lunch with eggs. I make them scrambled the night before with tons of veggies, and they reheat great...if you have access to a microwave. If not, chicken and sweet potatoes are awesome cold. You could add greens and make it a salad. Roll up deli turkey and avocado for another cold lunch idea. You could have hummus and veggies for dipping... Not sure what your conditions are, but hope those ideas will help.