Frustrated!!!

Options
ChrisGfromNM
ChrisGfromNM Posts: 9 Member
In the last 36 hours I have had a total of 26 grams of carbs. I just got back from the gym. Doing IF and I just checked my ketones by blood... 0.5!!!!? That's it, 0.5???? Why am i doing this to myself if it's not working?

Replies

• Panini911
    Panini911 Posts: 2,325 Member
    Options
    is your goal weight loss? for weight loss you just need to be eating at a calorie deficit over time.

what time you eat and what you eat just helps with adherance to the calorie deficit.
  • layers705
    layers705 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Don’t give up. It’s taken me almost a year to lose 50 lbs, but I’ve gotten to know what works for me much better. Every now and then just give yourself a break and or look on Pinterest for some ideas for fat bombs. I never would’ve believed they help. They do for me.
  • ChrisGfromNM
    ChrisGfromNM Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Panini911 wrote: »
    is your goal weight loss? for weight loss you just need to be eating at a calorie deficit over time.

what time you eat and what you eat just helps with adherance to the calorie deficit.

I am eating less calories. I eat one real meal a day, dinner.
    My routine: wake up go top the gym - empty stomach. Get to work, around noon have a BPC, eat a Quest bar around 3 then have a very healthy and about 80% of my calories for dinner no later than 7pm. That's it. I figured there is no way I couldn't be in ketosis by now. Sunday absolutely zero carbs, Monday 14 carbs yesterday 12 carbs. That's my last 3 days. What else am I missing? Oh, I take 2 table spoons of mct daily as well.
  • LiftingSpirits
    LiftingSpirits Posts: 2,207 Member
    Options
    Let me start by saying that I do not do keto, but I do know that every body is different and some take longer to get into ketosis. Are you eating high fats? Drinking lots of water?
    You mentioned your ketones, but not your weight. Did you weigh yourself before you started and have you since?
    If you are losing weight then who cares what the ketone levels are?