Ladies that are 5’7 what’s your goal weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• roachita
    roachita Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My goal is 170 and then I'll see how I feel. I have 6 more to go! I was up to 235 and 10 years ago went on Medifast and got down to 168........but that recently crawled back up to 194. Not doing the 200s again!! My hubby gave me boobs for Christmas, so that was 3 lbs up. LOL!!! (the years of yo yo dieting took a terrible toll on them) I'm turning 55 next month, so I have a goal to look goooooood! :wink:
  • mummy_h
    mummy_h Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    My lowest weight ever was 219. I think I'd be very happy around 180, but honestly I'd be glad to get back to 219. I had had a goal of 165 in the past, but I don't know what it'd look or feel like. I have very large bones, wide hips, broad shoulders, and I have always looked like I weight less than I do-- when people have guessed my weight they usually are like 50 pounds low. So I don't think the normal BMI range would likely actually be good for me. But for now I am thinking I'd just like to get back to where I used to be and evaluate if I want to keep going from there.

Im 5 ft 6 and im 193 (13 st 11) too now, my healthy is between 8 st 12 and 11 st 2 but 8 st 12 is way too low for me too, my lowest ive ever gone is 9 st 12 any lower and i feel too thin. My best weight where im at my healthiest is a size 12 and 10 stone. Thats my goal weight xx maybe just go with your gut and go to the higher end of your ideal bmi x but for now
    So I’m currently 193. Sense I’ve had kids I’ve always kind of sat around 170-180ish.
    My high was 220. My bmi says that I should be around 140 -150 but that seems so low to me.
    I was honestly happy around 175.
    I don’t have a goal weight I’m just going off of when I’m happy but I’m just wondering what your goal weight is?

Also if you wanna throw in a photo of you at goal that would be helpful :)

Im 5 ft 6 and im 193 (13 st 11) too now, my healthy is between 8 st 12 and 11 st 2 but 8 st 12 is way too low for me too, my lowest ive ever gone is 9 st 12 any lower and i feel too thin. My best weight where im at my healthiest is a size 12 and 10 stone. Thats my goal weight xx maybe just go with your gut and go to the higher end of your ideal bmi x but for now you could have your intrim goal as 175 and see how you feel when you get there xx
  • mummy_h
    Options
    So I’m currently 193. Sense I’ve had kids I’ve always kind of sat around 170-180ish.
    My high was 220. My bmi says that I should be around 140 -150 but that seems so low to me.
    I was honestly happy around 175.
    I don’t have a goal weight I’m just going off of when I’m happy but I’m just wondering what your goal weight is?

Also if you wanna throw in a photo of you at goal that would be helpful :)

P.s im not sure how to add a photo on this, when ive tried it just doesnt to anything but my ideal weight is my profile pic and i was about 9 st 12 here, remember though im a inch shorter thwn you so your ideal weight will be higher x
  • mummy_h
    Options
    1b1hibglnfu8.jpeg
    vnsqg06ol66d.jpeg

Here’s me at 193.

Blimey, you look fab as you are x
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,263 Member
    Options
    dsg2000 wrote: »
    My goal weight is 135 since I'd like to get down to the low end of normal BMI to see if it helps my running, but I've never been below 145 and I'm usually around 150. Currently around 155 after my second pregnancy. I also tend to carry my weight in the tummy area, though, so I feel like even a few pounds makes a big difference for me.

I think you look awesome - I would've never guessed you were around 190!

Well shoot. You bring up a good point. I would like to be lighter to make my runs easier. That’s definitely a time when I notice the extra weight-trail running uphill 🙄
    Another reason to recommit!!
  • NayaYTeague
    NayaYTeague Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I’m currently 149! My goal weight is 135 😊
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,473 Member
    Options
    My GW is 159, which is the golden threshold for “normal” BMI at 5’7”. I’m currently at 161, so aim to be there soon, kinda hoping it will happen by the time I visit the dietician for a follow up next week, although that’d be really humping it. Will reevaluate everything when I get there, but plan to keep going. Just need to set the next goal and keep it reasonable and not go crazy or all unrealistic.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I agree with the other posters, OP. If anybody can pull off 193 it's you! You wear it well. I would NOT look that hot. Not even close. Lucky!!!

If that pic is any indication, you're probably going to look good at most weight ranges, and you won't need to go as low as some others of your height, so it's hard to know what your goal should be. Set modest goals to begin with, make adjustments as you go, and then stop when you look and feel healthy and confident.

Don't worry about a specific number. <3
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    m8h0sxtubpye.jpg
    c4wil14lphsy.jpg

First pic is from the fall!! I started this summer my third weightless journey!! Lost 35lbs!!! The second pic is me at 135!! I would like to be at 150!! This is my third time to shoot for losing more than a hundred lbs. When I met my husband I was 254!! Lost 100lbs!! Gained it back with our first child!! Lost 125 the next time and kept it off till I was pregnant again!!! Gained it all plus some!! When she was born I weighed 263!!! Been a hard 6 year battle!! Nodules on my thyroid the works!! But I know I can!! I am at 177 now I made it to 170 before winter then .....winter woes got me hahaha back on track now and mama about to crush these goals!!!
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Oh and I was the other mother from Coraline in the side by side hahaha
  • runnermom419
    runnermom419 Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    5"7' here. Currently 155 and my goal is 145 - 150.
  • como_agua1
    como_agua1 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    it's incredible how different we all look at different weights at this height, isn't it? i'd NEVER think you're at the weight you're at - you look super!

i carried my weight predominantly in my midsection when i was 150. when i lost 20 lbs, i did lose the majority of fluffy tummy - but still have a bit there. i'm fine with it though :). i'm currently 132 . this is a recent photo.knx2po1iycak.jpg

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    It all depends on my body composition. Right now my goal is 132-135lbs (my current profile photo). I'm hoping in the future I can build more muscle and sit at a higher weight, would love to be 140.
  • KillaLindzilla
    KillaLindzilla Posts: 34 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    I'm not 100% sure. Anywhere between 120 and 160. I decided once I get to 160 I will reevaluate. My lowest weight ever at this height (when I was 16) was 160. I was involved in many sports and did a lot of strength training then, but still had a little extra chub so I think my ideal weight would be 10-20 pounds less than that. But if I don't have the same muscle mass, then I would want to get my weight lower.

I tried to find a picture of me at 160, but I couldn't find any body shots. This is me a bit heavier, 175. But oh how I wish I was that size again! I thought I was huge!ikgrr5a6s9jh.jpg

• ashleyih
    ashleyih Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I’m 5’7 and I’m currently 160lbs-I look and feel the best at 135. My goal is 135 and I’m working to get there! Add me as a friend if you want, and we can help keep each other accountable!
  • eeanneli
    eeanneli Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Currently 73.4 kgs first goal is 70kgs so about 155 lbs. Going to slowly work up to maintenance calories then once settled will decide if I am happy where I am or want to lose a bit more.