stress, anger, and binge when i miss the gym

Options
I started my weight loss journey 2 months ago and I fund myself falling in love with going to the gym! its my time, i can get away from the family and be a little selfish and focus on myself, sounds great right? on the flip side when i miss the gym for one reason or another Im a ton more stressed, i have a much shorter temper with my husband and my children and I snack/binge throughout the day... whats wrong with me???? how can I stop this?

Replies

• frugalmomsrock
    Options
    If you figure it out, I'd love the secret; I'm the same way!! I'm just not as pleasant if I miss the gym... :-/
  • Mybetterme
    Mybetterme Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    Me too. I m always tired so I try and skip the gym to hang out with the family but i just feel worse if I skip the gym.
  • webdiva1
    webdiva1 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Well, good news is, you recognize stress is an issue, and you know what causes it. So ... sounds like you need to find another way to burn it off.

How 'bout taking yourself off for a walk instead? You can likely burn a fair number of calories in a relatively short time, if you kick it on your pace or find some stairs. Bleachers are great for that. Just a thought.
  • hush7hush
    hush7hush Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Can you manage to do some workouts at home when you miss the gym? I know it's not the same, but maybe it will help a little. Afterall, it still releases the same exercise endorphins.