My slightly intimidated introduction

Options
I've been a user of MFP for years but have never engaged in the community before today. Honestly slightly confused by it and a bit intimidated - give me a day to acclimate I guess.

I'm 49, weighed in excess of 323 lbs when i re-engaged on my weight loss journey at the start of the year- down to 287 now. Decided i didn't want to die young like my dad; wanted to be there for my kids. I want to be able to move, get out and live more than i have been.

I'm hoping that i can figure out a way to use the MFP community to keep me in check. I need the accountability to complete strangers to keep me moving in the right direction, how odd is that?!?!?!

I've lost 35 pounds on Noom over the last 2 1/2 months but can see that i'l likely need to make a move to find a more social atmosphere as things quiet down there for me... as i sit and think about it my heaviest weight was 337, I guess I'm down almost 50 but i'm not counting that. I actually had / am having a great experience with Noom so far.

I hope that i'll be an active participant here and really want to learn from you all. If there is support that i can provide I'm more than willing to step up.

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Regards
Rob

Replies

• Neightyre29
    Neightyre29 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Hiya I'm here for the same reason. I've been a lurker for a while but I just don't have anyone I can connect with IRL about all this. I've added you and I look forward to sharing our stories, including the bad days. Feel free to chat about anything and everything. Congratz on the loss so far!
  • Megan_smartiepants1970
    Megan_smartiepants1970 Posts: 39,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the social part of MFP. very nice and helpful people on here.....Feel free to add me ...I would love to be your cheerleader on your journey :)
  • rwkuhnle
    rwkuhnle Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Now as soon as i find out where i can add friends ..... LOL 😁
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You can click on anyone's name that has replied to this thread and request to add them as a friend.
  • AvianDB
    AvianDB Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    rwkuhnle wrote: »
    Now as soon as i find out where i can add friends ..... LOL 😁

Click on the name of a user in the thread, then click their name again in the popup, click the add friend symbol, it makes you put something in the subject of the friend request, and then hit send.
  • rosiorama
    rosiorama Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I’ve been using mfp since 2015, but only started using the forum recently. It‘s either that or drive my husband bonkers with all things calories... more than I already do. Welcome here, and I hope it helps!