Looking for encouragement and support!

Options
mamaofscj
mamaofscj Posts: 24 Member
edited March 2019 in Motivation and Support
I haven't been on these community pages before, but am hoping it could be the push I need to stay motivated. I'm an 'on-again' 'off-again' weight loss champ lol and a long time MFP user. MFP helped me lose 50 lbs a few years back, but I've since gained it all back.

Looking for support and encouragement. Goal #1: to lose 10lbs by April 15th.

Replies

• kbmnurse1
    kbmnurse1 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi you can add me. I just returned myself today. I would like to lose 10 lbs over next 2 mos. Planning my meals is a great help. I do a lot of food prep. Just finished prepping Peppered steak recipe from Skinnytaste.com for dinner. I also made snack packs with cucumbers, peppers and carrots which I will have with 2 TBS of hummus for snacks. Logging my food the day before also keeps me focused. Of course, water, water and more water. Good luck and let me know what has worked for you in the past. :):):):):):)
  • mamaofscj
    Options
    kbmnurse1 wrote: »
    Hi you can add me. I just returned myself today. I would like to lose 10 lbs over next 2 mos. Planning my meals is a great help. I do a lot of food prep. Just finished prepping Peppered steak recipe from Skinnytaste.com for dinner. I also made snack packs with cucumbers, peppers and carrots which I will have with 2 TBS of hummus for snacks. Logging my food the day before also keeps me focused. Of course, water, water and more water. Good luck and let me know what has worked for you in the past. :):):):):):)

I agree that logging food is a great resource! It's a real eye opener to the calorie intake in some foods. In the past it was probably my daily 45-60 minute lunch time walks and cutting junk food that really helped me, and of course tonnes of H20! This time around I have some exercise equipment at home though, so I'm excited to get consistent with that. Thanks for the comment, I'll try to add you 😊
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I am currently 59. I did MFP before and it was helpful. I had maintained in the 180s and then my doctor switched up some meds the latter part of last year. I was having tummy issues. And I am diabetic. Did ok for a bit and then at the beginning of this year, I got out of control with my eating. Maybe all this cold weather just pushed me to feel so unmotivated, bored and I just snacked and ate all of the time. So now, I feel miserable. My tummy is tight and huge. It walks into a room before I do. So I need friends to help me and I will strive to help in return. I am currently at 195 pounds and just want to regain control again. Doing this slow and steady. I will push myself a bit at first because if I don't, I will sit on the couch and do nothing. Feel free to add me.
  • Unicornio_de_Badass
    Options
    Same here. You can add me. I’m new to the community but not new to MFP.
  • cute_mom_needs_wine
    cute_mom_needs_wine Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Hi!!!! I started back here yesterday. I’ve missed being here. Kind of lol but I would love to help each other stay motivated. I’ll add you.
    And anyone else who needs the support, please add me. Today is already looking up!! I’m going to say it’s Tuesday and not my Second Monday :)
  • bar2d4cats
    bar2d4cats Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You and anyone else seeing this can add me! The more support the better
  • Steph__14
    Steph__14 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey ! You can definitely add me ! I’m new to this again and would love the extra motivation !
  • kttyson
    kttyson Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me - always after some extra motivation
  • Almagreatness
    Almagreatness Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Hi got side tracked myself. Got busy with life! A new grandmother again. Got to take care of this body. I know we can do it! Like to loose 30 lbs in 90 days or by Summer! 🙌🙌🙌We just have to be consistent. So, you just motivated me am not alone. I have a community to encourage one another🙌Back to the gym tomorrow and watch what I eat! 👍
  • laceygaywilson
    laceygaywilson Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Add me ladies!! We are stronger together!!!
  • jaclynmorris8
    jaclynmorris8 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I would like to join your group. 😁
  • imslinky
    imslinky Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I’ve been at a plateu for around 4 months now and I’m really looking to push myself and have more accountability. I’m trying to lose 5lbs (I currently weigh 130lbs) and I would love to be a part of a buddy system. Feel free to add me!
  • mamaofscj
    Options
    My weekend goal is to get more active and make good eating choices. I weighed myself yesterday and I was not happy, so if I can get the number less than it was by next wed, I'll be happy with that start! 😊
  • HeidiRReed
    HeidiRReed Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me also! I love the motivation of the MFP community and I find it so helpful to be mindful of my goals and work alongside and be inspired by others 😊
  • ObsessivelyObsessingObsessions
    Options
    Hi all! I’ve been on MFP for a very long time. I used it back around 2010 and lost 70lbs. I kept it off for a while, had some life changes... gained around 100lbs back. So that’s my goal... to lose 100lbs. I’m hitting it harder than ever! I’m looking for people who will be active digitally (as well as physically!!! Lol) so we can share inspiration and thoughts. Please add me and let me know what your journey is about and I’ll reply back with information on mine. :)
  • ashleyih
    ashleyih Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    You can add me!!!
  • Sanriohippie
    Sanriohippie Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Just being here shows you know your worth❣️Added ya😊